𝟔 || 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜

I instantly start running to my bedroom, everything Damien said made it obvious he knows something. Why else would he call me a liar and ask me those questions?

I quickly look under my bed, only to see the gun is still here. I'm surprised and now even more confused. I feel relieved and like I can finally breathe again.

Damien doesn't make sense. Why would he say all these things? The way he was speaking I was a hundred percent sure he knew about the gun, he made it so obvious.. all for it to still be here? Maybe he was just being weird and curious if I was having those thoughts.

Before I go to bed I decide to get a glass of water, I haven't drank water all day. I fill my glass and as I do, I hear someone behind me. I quickly to turn around only to see Tye, at least that's what I think his name is, he works for Damien. I put my hand on my chest "What are you doing here?"

"I'm working overnight." He laughs, "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's okay," I say, finally managing to catch my breath. "I'm a little jumpy tonight, that's all."

Tye grabs the cup from me and puts it in the sink. "You should get some sleep." I nod agreeing with him, I start walking to my bedroom. "Goodnight Cassie."

"Night Tye."

I wake up from yet another nightmare but it's okay because I always end up calming down. I get changed and ready for the day, feeling better than usual, despite what happened last night.

As i'm walking down the hallway to go downstairs, I see a blonde girl leave Damien's room wiping the corner of her mouth. Gross.

I walk downstairs and grab a cup of orange juice and a banana. Kyle sits next to me. "Who's this girl?" I ask him, while my eyes are on her.

"I don't know." He whispers back.

Damien probably is just sleeping with her. I wonder how many girls he sleeps with. I shake my head, that's none of my business.

Damien walks into the room and instantly rolls his eyes when he sees that she still here. "Want me to stay for breakfast?" She says in a flirty voice while flickering her lashes at him.

I'm going to vomit.

He looks at her disgusted, "Get the fuck out." She instantly runs away sobbing.

Part of me feels bad but what else do you expect? It's Damien. I would've walked away happily, not in tears. Damien has me living here forcefully yet she wants to be here willingly?

Tana walks into the room laughing. "Who's the girl that ran out crying?" She looks over to me and gives me a smile. "Hey Cassie."

I give her an unsure smile. "Hi." I'm still not sure if I should trust her or not, but i'm not angry at her anymore. I won't get anywhere if i'm angry at people and hold things from the past.

"Cassie, it turns out your sister had a key we need. Where is it?"

"What key?" I'm pretty sure if my sister had a special key i'd know, but then again she was involved with the mafia somehow and I never knew that. Part of me is staring to feel like my sister was a stranger, there's so many things about her that I don't know.

Tana frowns, unsatisfied. "Are you sure? Think harder."

"I'd know if she had a special key." I feel a twinge of annoyance at being asked these stupid questions I don't have the anwser to.