𝟓 || 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

I continue paining my nails while my mind is so cloudy. Today has been slow and weird, everyone seems so secretive, not that I care because there's definitely not much more of their secrets I can handle. I think I might go insane.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and instantly flinch, only to turn around and see it's Damien. "What are you doing in here?" I say, slightly panicked and trying to regain my calm.

I quickly notice he's dressed up for something. He's wearing a suit and is holding a red dress is his hand with a pair of heels. They're pretty but what ever he's going to, I know isn't safe. "We're going to an important dinner. You're coming with me, so get ready." He says while passing me the dress and heels.

I kook at the dress and heels in my hands, my heart racing. I wasn't prepared for this, let alone going to a fancy dinner with Damien. "Why do I have to come? Can't I just stay here?"

He gives me a stern look, his expression leaving no room for argument. "You're coming with me. It's not up for discussion. Get ready." He turns around and walks out the room.

I look down at the items in my hand. I slide on the dress and it's beautiful, there's no denying that. The shoes are just as striking with their tall, thin, heels. I let out a sigh, knowing I don't have a choice in this.

I quickly get changed into the dress, zipping it up and admiring myself. It makes me feel different. Beautiful, almost. I put on the heels and stand in front of the mirror.

As I prepare, I wonder about the evening ahead. Who will be there? Is it a business dinner or something more sinister? And why does he want me to accompany him? I feel a pit of nervousness in my stomach, but also a strange sense of intrigue.

Just as I finish getting ready, Damien opens my door. He looks me up and down, his eyes roaming over my body. For a brief moment, he doesn't speak, he just stares at me with an intense impression. He clears his throat and says, "You look beautiful."

This is the first time he's ever given me a compliment and it catches me off guard. I quickly look away, unsure how to respond. "Thank you." I mumble, feeling suddenly self conscious.

He nods, holding out his arm for me to take. I hesitate for a second before looping my arm through his. His touch is surprisingly gentle as he leads me out of the room, down the stairs.

We walk towards a black car waiting outside. Kyle is standing by the passenger door and once he sees us. he opens it for me. "You look pretty." He says with a smile on his face.

I get in the car and Damien sits next to me, sitting close enough that I can feel the heat radiating off his body. The car starts moving and I look out the window, watching the streets fly by. I'm nervous and anxious, wondering what awaits me at this dinner.

"You look sexy in that dress." He places his hand on my thigh, instantly making me ten times more nervous than I already was. His hand moves up and it gives me chills. "Like I said, try escape and you get killed. I have eyes everywhere, Cass." He whispers in my ear. "Understand?"

I slowly start nodding. The air in the car suddenly feels thick. Daniens words sink in, reminding me i'm still his captive. His hand on my thigh feels dangerous but strangely comforting at the same time. I glance at him, my mind whirling with anxiety and confusion. "I understand." I barely manage to reply.

He doesn't say anything further, his eyes focused on the road. His hand stays where it is, fingers casually tracing patterns on my thigh. The touch is so light that it's almost maddening, considering sending chills up my body.