𝟐 || 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞

I'm on the ground looking up to him, still with my handcuffs on. He towers over me and leans over slightly, "Now, Cassie. You're going to help me." He says in his deep voice, he sounds so sure that i'd help him.. no way in hell.

"No, Why would I help you?! You shot my sister." I shout, my voice filled with anger.

"It wasn't me who shot your sister, It was my men. And it was needed"

I shake my head, disgusted with his response. Is this a joke to him? "That's no better."

"You're going to help me, or I kill you." I look down and see a gun in his pocket. Not only that, we're surrounded by so many of his men. It's impossible to get out of here alive.

I back away, scared on what he'll do. "What's your name?" I ask, trying to get as much info out of him as possible, and avoiding the killing part.

He stays silent for a couple of moments and just stares at me, I feel naked and see through. He stares at me like he knows my every thought. "Not telling you." He replies, sounding frustrated and annoyed.

"Hey, Damien, look at this funny video-" The same man who was in the truck with me says, with a smile on his face. Damien closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath through his nostrils. The guy from the truck quickly realises Damien is speaking to me and his frustration, "Uhh... i'll get back to work."

Damien turns back to face me, his expression serious and intense. "Now, where were we?"

"You were threatening to kill me if I didn't help you." I say sarcastically, my arms still bound by the handcuffs.

He crouches down so we're at eye level, his eyes bore into mine. "You're a feisty one, i'll give you that."

I glare back at him, refusing to look away. "And you're a murdering criminal." I resort.

He let out a small laugh, finding my response amusing. "I suppose I am." He reaches out and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear, his touch causing me to shiver involuntarily.

"What are you doing?" I ask, trying to keep my voice steady despite how scared I am of his touch.

He doesn't answer, he just continues to stare at me, his hand is still lingering near my face. "You have beautiful eyes." He says quietly, his eyes roaming all over my face.

I swallow hard. "Is that supposed to be some sort of sick compliment?"

"No, just an observation." He leans a little closer, his face inches from mine. I can feel his breath on my skin as my heart races in my chest. "Would be a shame if I had to cut them out because you didn't give me the information I need, such pretty eyes."

I try move back. His words send a chill through my entire body, but there's something about his gaze that makes it impossible for me to look away. "Y-you wouldn't do that." I say, hating how shaky my voice sounds.

He just laughs, clearly enjoying my reaction. He moves even closer, his face now just a couple inches from mine. I can smell his cologne, a masculine scent that somehow makes me even more flustered.

"Oh, really? What makes you so sure?" He teases, his voice low and suggestive.

I try hold my ground, refusing to show how much he's rattled me, but the way he's speaking and looking at me is making me mentally scream in fear. "Because.. i'm not afraid of you."

"No? Then why is your heart racing faster than a humming birds wings?"

Silence fills the room. I hate that he's right, but how couldn't I be scared? After everything he's done I have every right to be. I break eye contact with him and look to the ground. "What is this place?"