“I can't lose the company, Noelle, I can't. I was desperate...”.

“So you had to lie to me all these years?” I sob.

“I didn't wanna lose you, I swear. I don't want to lose you. You're my life... my everything. I can't live without you”.

“And so you had to do what you did?” Adalynn asks, a disgusted look on her face. “Keith, that poor woman is probably in a coma because of your actions. She's been asleep for six years... missing out on her children's and grandchildren's lives. How would you feel if someone made you miss out on your children's milestones, huh?”.

“I didn't wanna lose her, mom” he says to her and turns to me. “Noelle, I can't lose you”.

I shake my head at him, my tears falling.

“Why, Keith?” I whisper.

“I'm sorry” he whispers back desperately.

“And you were going to drag my husband into it?” I hear Melanie ask.

I turn to look at her.

“What husband?”.

“John Blase” Remy whispers. “She married him three years ago for our sake... for mom's... because we had run out of options”.

My heart thumps.

She's his young wife?!

“You what?” I whisper to my sister.

I could feel Keith's hold on me grow tighter.

“I had to do what I had to do, Noelle. Mom was getting worse and... I couldn't lose another family member” she sobs.

“No” I sob and pull away from Keith to hug her.  “I am so sorry, Melanie” I whisper.

She squeezes into me and I rub her back.

“It's okay. I'm happy and so is our daughter, Ivy”.

She points to the little girl asleep in Angela's lap.

The child from the photo!

I sniff.

“She looks so much like my granddaughter” Adalynn says with a sad smile.

I nod.

“I saw her picture in his office. Melanie Grace, I'm so sorry” I whisper to her.

“It's okay, it's not your fault. You were just deceived like the rest of us”.

Stefanie fakes a gag and I almost forget she's holding us hostage.

“Enough. I'm tired of all of you taking advantage of my sweet, sweet, Noelle” she sighs. “Are you going to tell the truth, or should I?”.

“What truth?” I ask.

“About the child” she smiles at my sister. “She's not my uncle's kid, Melanie. Just drop the act”.

Uncle?!

My sister stiffens in my arms.

“Wha... what are you ta... talking about?” she stammers.

She's lying!

I turn to look at her and grip her.

“What is she talking about, Mel? And think very carefully before you lie to me” I warn.

She swallows and begins to cry, shaking her head.

“Maddox, sweetie? Why don't you take this one hm?” Stefanie smiles at my nephew.

The Bridal AgreementOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara