26

'Now we're lying about the nights
Hiding all it behind the smiles, yeah
Take a look at what you did'

1 Week Later
Hidden Hills, California
Onika Maraj

"I thought I wasn't ready for kids but I'm obsessed with the thought of another little you" I smile softly rubbing my thumb on the back of her neck, our bodies entangled in the middle of the bed.

"You not late or nothing right?" She questions, the warm air from her nose hitting my breast.

"Is it a bad thing if I am?" I had been tracking my cycle to a T ever since we started messing around, I briefly fell off on the tracking when she left but if I remembered correctly I didn't have too much longer before I was back on, I just wanted to see what her response would be.

"No cause I'm gone always take care of mine but you know I'm not ready for another kid"

"My cycle doesn't start until next week, I just think about our future a lot. So when do you think you'll be ready for another one?"

I couldn't honestly say that I wasn't ready to be a parent anymore because if my cycle did happen to not show up I would be ecstatic.

"I don't know, not now probably another year or two cause I do want my kids to be close in age, I'm just too busy for another one right now I gotta plant some more financial roots first" She reasonably explains.

"That's understandable, do you have a preference for the next one?" I curiously question since she already had a daughter, most people would want to balance out and have a son afterwards.

"Whatever's healthy, I'm not one of those people who specifically wants a boy or girl, as long as my baby healthy I'm happy" 

"I love that" I smile, my heart filling with warmth at the sentiment.

"You gotta chill with this baby fever though cause I would hate to have to put a hat on, I can't be getting trapped"

"You always take it too far, ain't nobody trying to trap you I don't even have to do that and the moment you even think to use a condom with me I know you're fucking around"

Protection had never been apart of our equation since the start so if it was ever added I knew something was up.

"Nah that's security to make sure we don't make no babies, kiddie catcher" She softly laughs and I roll my eyes but smile at the sound of her laughter.

"A kiddie catcher came attached to my face, there will literally never be any need for them magnums you love so much" She wasn't lying when she told me she had them everywhere, I had found several after our little incident.

"I would have eleven kids right now if it wasn't for them rubbers, put some respect on they name"

"Why is that number so specific?" My eyebrows scrunch together as I eye the top of her head.

"It might be more for real but that's just my educated guess"

"I told you how I feel about you sharing hoe stories, I never want to hear that shit" We may never get comfortable enough to share stories with each other cause I couldn't even stomach the little bit that I did hear.