1

'Pushin my buttons, you gone get me started
Call me aggressive, I'm just being honest'

Hidden Hills, California
Belcalis Almanzar

"No breakfast?" I smile as she rolls her eyes leaving me at the door.

Something about how easily I got under her skin was so intriguing to me, I wonder if she was always this easily annoyed.

"Hospitality was left at the door apparently too" I mumble to myself as I step in the house closing and locking the door behind myself before following behind her.

"Follow me so I can show you were you'll be sleeping"

"Just show me the studio" I didn't plan on being anywhere else in this house during my time here besides the bathroom to shower, I was ready to lock in.

"Ok well follow me to the elevator so we can go down since you don't plan on sleeping"

"Lead the way" I urge her holding my arm out.

We walk down a long hall before finally the elevator was in view, she presses the only button on the wall opening the doors up and we step on.

I take the liberty of pressing the down button as the doors close and I enjoy the short ride down.

The doors open to an surprisingly decent studio, it had almost everything I needed off of first look.

Walking over to the soundboard taking off my backpack I unzip it taking my laptop, my 808, and my mpc out hooking everything up to where it needed to be.

"Alright so what is this album about? What angle are you taking on this project?" I question sitting in the wheeler chair which was pretty comfy.

"This album is more personable, my most personable album yet in fact"

"Wow, that was so helpful" I softly chuckle pulling up some archives and another tab full of experimental ideas I had been working on for years.

"You know you don't have to be an asshole all the time, I've apologized to you twice but you seem to be still holding on to what happened at the party"

"Relax, I just like fucking with you. Now seriously in what way is the album personable? I can't help you if you don't help me" I spin around in the chair looking at her so she knew I was serious.

"... it's about heartbreak, my upbringing, my short fallings, it's my therapy compiled in an album"

"I feel that, what you think about this?" Spinning back around I scroll down various beats before clicking on one I made two years ago, the sound so fresh you would've thought I made it yesterday.

The beat fills the studio as I close my eyes vibing to the strings in the back.

This beat was originally for somebody else but we went a different route so it got stuck in the archives but this might've been something she was looking for.

"I got a verse for this already, you ready to record?"

"I'm always ready to record, jump in the booth and let me do what I do" I get everything ready on the soundboard as she walks in the booth, putting the pink beats over her ears.