Prologue

'I got feelings for you'

Bel Air, California
Onika Maraj

"I'm literally getting dressed right now" The back to my dress is zipped as I slide my feet in my YSL heels, my phone squeezed between my ear and shoulder as I rush to get dressed already nearly two hours late to the after party.

"Onika you were supposed to be here two hours ago, you told me you wanted a new sound and I'm trying to network you to the hottest producer right now and this is the first impression you want to make?"

I roll my eyes at my managers bickering securing my heels before standing up straight ignoring his roaming hands and lips on my bare shoulder.

"I just told you I'm on my way, I had to wash up and get changed it just took me longer than I thought, I'll be there in twenty" I end the call before she could respond not up to hear anymore scolding.

"I really have to go, I've already over stayed my welcome, thanks for everything love" I place a quick kiss on his cheek hurriedly moving out of his grasp making my way out the room.

"You gone call me right? At least let me know when you make it home safe"

Ignoring him I move through the long hallways dreading the staircase to get out of here.

Luckily my security never left and was waiting on me outside so I could leave right away.

Descending the spiral staircase I reach the living room and from there to the door, closing it behind me as I step outside, my driver and security waiting.

My security getting out the truck holding the back door open for me.

"Thank you" I slide in the backseat and he shuts the door for me before getting back in the truck himself.

Softly sighing I rest my head on the window as we leave the circular driveway passing the Lamborghini I knew all too well.

His bed being my safe haven on nights I didn't want to sleep alone, and his halls a place for adventure when I got tired of walking through mine.

I was finally coming out of this place of healing after accepting and coming to the realization that I never gave myself a chance to heal when the wound first opened, even through a whole other relationship I was still hurting from the first one.

Now I had mended myself back together and I was living my life, there were still certain things I was working through but I was nearly completely back to myself and was so ecstatic at how far I came on this journey.

Leaving somebody after twelve years was tough and I never gave myself the chance to mourn and heal because I jumped right into another relationship which was the worst decision I could've made.

The second relationship was barely better than the first, luckily I wasn't in as deep as I was like my first relationship so I got over that quick.

Focusing on myself was all I needed from the start, it was a shame how long it took for me to realize.

Once I finally did the self progression was extensive, I shed so many tears, cried myself to sleep many nights, put my pen to pad venting through various notepads, and eventually one morning I woke up ok.