17

'In the droptop ride with you, I feel like Scarface
Like that white bitch with the bob, I'll be your main one
Let's take this argument back up to my place
Sex remind you, I'm nonviolent, I'm your day one'

1 Week Later
Los Angeles, California
Onika Maraj

"So the single is dropping sometime next week, you'll be doing a little bit of promo for that and the video is already done so that's good, cardi turned in the records you guys recorded which was most of the album and we have the records you worked on in Philly so now all you have to do is set the track list and we'll be ready for December, it's been a long road but you did it again Onika" She smiles clinking her champagne flute against mine and I throw my flute back to that, it had been a long road indeed.

"Ok so I'll be filming some music videos of course to the singles I chose and one album track, the other I'll let the fans choose based on streams after the drop but other than that and the track list, the last thing for me to do is promo and then we wait for the big day" I smile so proud of myself, it felt so amazing to bring my vision to life.

"Yup, keep me updated on the videos and I'll be right next to you during the press run" She says as I stand up pushing my chair in.

"Of course, please don't drink the whole bottle" I giggle sitting my champagne flute on the desk.

"No promises" She says refilling her glass and I giggle leaving her office.

Catching the elevator down to the lobby I step off walking outside where my driver and security were waiting.

"Cardi's please" I tell my driver sliding in the backseat of the Rolls Royce. 

The drive to her house seemed shorter than normal as we pull up in her driveway in no time.

"I'm assuming you're staying the night?" My security questions and I nod with a hum confirming his assumption.

I had been laying my head here for the past two weeks, my home was barely seeing me and her closet was starting to look more like our closet.

"I'll call if I need you guys, get home safe" I bid them farewells as I step out the car softly shutting the door behind me before walking up to her door.

Unlocking my phone I text her to open the door, and a second later she thumbs up the message so I stand patiently waiting.

"Wassup" Her cousin answers the door puffing on a blunt, his eyes already tinted red and hanging low.

"Hey" I greet him stepping in the house and he closes the door behind me as I walk down the foyer hearing a buzzing noise.

"Nah I was supposed to been got this shit I was procrastinating" She speaks on facetime with her bestfriend, her arm resting on a stool as she gets inked up.

"You gone get my name?" I question with a sly smile walking in the living room.

"After you" She softly chuckles.

"Don't tempt me" I mumble leaning down placing soft kisses on her lips as she squeezes my ass.

"I need my name right here" She softly squeezes right under my ass and I had to agree it was the perfect placement.