18

'It look like we in love, but only on camera
Only on camera, only on camera
Don't listen to the lies, I swear they all lies'

2 Weeks Later
New York, New York
Onika Maraj

"Nicki over here!"

"Are you two an item?!"

"When's the album coming Nicki?!"

"Meek are you and Nicki together?"

"What happened to Lewis Nicki?"

"When did you two start dating?!"

His grip on my hand tightens as his security pushes us through a crowd of paparazzi that clearly got tipped off about us being at the upscale restaurant.

Cuffing my hand over my eyes I block my vision from the flash of the shuttering cameras, ignoring the hundreds of questions being thrown at me.

Paparazzi had been on my ass way more than usual since the music video and single we recorded for his album dropped, the people were loving our chemistry and assumed it had been there for a while.

Truthfully and humbly I look amazing standing next to anything, the media flattered themselves too much with the assumption of us already having a relationship.

Since they were eating it up though he suggested we should go on a little promo run making appearances that fueled the assumption and narrative that we were together, and it was working.

Streams and sales were through the roof and we officially had a top ten hit on our hands, the video still trending number one on YouTube after two weeks.

Everything was going as planned.

Sliding in the back of the truck he follows behind me and finally the door shuts creating a barrier from us and the obnoxious questions.

"They loving us" He cheeses as the truck pulls off.

"It's not too much they don't love me with" I softly chuckle, the media loved me next to whoever I was standing next to at the moment.

"Yea cause who the fuck is Lewis? I thought ya last ex was the corny Jamaican nigga" He confusedly questions, overstepping a boundary questioning me about people but I give him a pass since he seemed genuine.

"He is my last ex but me and Lewis dated for a while" I keep it short and sweet not having any reason to go in depth, he wasn't my nigga this was just business.

"Shit don't even matter cause we here now, we can take over the world together if you stop playing" He slyly smiles, I couldn't lie he was cute sometimes.

"Nobody playing I'm just not looking for anything serious right now, I'm locked in with myself" I tell my half truth, I wasn't looking for anything serious by any means but I was locked in with more than myself.

That hold she had on me wasn't letting up, she made it so hard to stay away.

"So be honest, nobody smashing?"