Chapter 21- Broken Daisy Petals

If you are new to this- Please go read the other parts to understand the following! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Hailey's POV -

H: " Daisy!? "

I called out. She was as pale as her own hair. I guess that means she cares and worries about Jake the most.. Her hair was all messed up in the messiest bun you could ever imagine, she had Jakes headphones in. Clearly they were getting pushed into her ears by the force of her hands. Gosh I feel so bad! She looks afraid, she's shaking, there is obviously something wrong. She.. She misses Jake. A lot. I can't blame her, she was his first friend. They were pretty dang close, I can never really blame her for anything can I? Well, Milo isn't here right now. He must be in his room. I guess I'll explore the house while Lia calms Daisy down. I guess they became friends one of these days. Oh I think it was when Lia came to drop off the cards for Jake. Maybe they bonded, especially since Daisy is here.

H: " Lia. I'm going to go explore the house. "

L: " Okay Hailey. Milo should be in his room. Miss Sterling texted Jake's phone to get ahold of us saying that we could sleep on the pull-out couch. "

H: " Pull-out.. Couch? "

L: " Oh yeah. Their couch pulls out into a bed. "

H: " Oh. Alright then. We are sleeping on it together? " I can feel my face heat up.

L: " I don't know yet. We also need to figure out where Daisy is going to stay because she told her Moms she was going on a vacation with some friends. " Lia said with a face palm.

H: " How does she even.. Ya know what I won't even question it. "

L: " Good choice. "

- When Hailey finished exploring the house -

H: " So.. You're Milo, Huh? "

M: " Mhmm... where's Mom? " His voice was cracking.

H: " She's at the hospital fo- "

M: " WHAT!? DID SHE DECIDE TO GIVE UP OR SOMETHING!? " Milo cut me off.

H: " Woah woah woah. You're assuming the worst here. She actually is th- "

M: " THEN SHE- Um- She probably is there for antidepressants! " He cut me off again.

H: " What kind of world are you living in? "

M: " One without my Brother. And my Dad I guess. "

H: " Oh. Well.. your Mother is at the Hospital because they found Jake. "

M: " Wait.. REALLY!? " He was crying for a whole different reason now.

- Hailey nods her head, also crying of joy -

M: " How is he!? Is he okay!? "

H: " Well.. He broke his foot, had no food for a week and a half and no water for 3 days, didn't get much sleep the days before, lost 8 of his friends, got frostbite on his nose, toes, fingers, chin, palms, and cheeks, so yeah I think he'll be good. "

M: " W-What!? "

H: " You heard me. "

M: " I mean.. I expected this but... I didn't at the same time. I guess I was hoping for the best. "

H: " Hey, if you think about it, he's okay. He got massive frostbite sure, but now he is getting hydrated and food and his foot is going to heal, he should be good. "