Chapter 2- An Unexpected Visitor

If you are new to this- Please go read the other part to understand the following! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Jakes POV -

My Mother went back to work, after ya know... taking me home and giving me pills to help me sleep. I must admit, these pills are making me feel drowsy. It's 10:21, I can't believe I left school so early, just to leave. I mean I guess if I went to PE today, I'd probably be sent to the counselor for how flinchy I am, not that I wasn't already flinchy, but I guess I flinch at everything now. Well, I guess it's time to say Goodnight. Not for good of course but a part of me feels like it is. Just a part of me.. It's nothing special I used to feel like this every night. In Middle School of course. Well I suppose I should put my headphones in, so I can peacefully fall asleep to the sound that warms my heart...

- 21 hours later -

* Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep * H-Hey! I need to get up! It's time for school! My eyes are open... why can't I move? It's like a huge weight has just been put onto me, one that I cannot escape, one that I cannot swim up for air with. Hey! Someone Help! Please... I can't... breathe for much longer...Wait I am not speaking. H-Hailey? What are you doing here? Why can't I speak? Zander!? I thought you guys had school!? I have school! Wait- Let me speak please!!

" Jake.. " Hailey said

J: " ... "

H: " Listen, I know you can hear me... I wanted to let you know that Zander didn't make it in the crash. " She tried to say without crying, " And.. I know you guys weren't on the same page, but I know you both will see each other again in the afterlife! I am positive. "

W-what? Zander didn't make what crash? Where am I!? This isn't my room! T-This is... not my room. This is a hospital. And I think that loud long beeping, was the fate of me. Hailey... I am so so sorry. I- I want to help! The big pressure on me was making me unable to get up, meaning I was dead. My eyes being open and seeing everything is just a sign that I am looking after Hailey. Seeing Zander... That was his ghost. It makes sense now, I must not have woken up after I fell asleep.

" Jake, it's time to go now. " Zander said, holding out a hand.

At this moment I could actually speak.. and sit up.

J: " I don't... want to... I want to stay here. With Hailey.

Z: " That's my job, Jake. But we are both resting now, it feels peaceful here.. and I finally realized that everything you've ever done wasn't to harm us. I realize how big of a heart you have, I know we will miss them, their laughs, smiles, faces, literally everything about them. But we will meet them again! I promise you! "

J: " Zander I said I didn't want to, sure, it's peaceful here already. But what's even more peaceful is the laughs and the bonds of the friendships I have. I don't want to lose that. If you want to go, that's fine. I know you will be waiting on us. We will meet you there! "

The bright peaceful light suddenly faded to pure darkness, Zander looked at me, he looked corrupted. His eyes turned fully black, they were dripping out too. His mouth turned into a big black smile, goopy like the eyes too. There were tiny red dots where his pupils should be. He grabbed me, with an impossible to let go grip, he pulled me towards the dark. I see Hailey look at me with a devilish grin, and evil eyes. She grabbed something out of her pocket. It was the necklace I always wear. The one Daisy gave me as a friendship gift. She threw the necklace on the ground, stomped on it, and kicked it into the abyss. That wasn't the only thing she had. She had Daisy herself too, and Lia. The two people that are most likely not mad at me. Lia literally jumped in, all by herself. I wonder why that could be, by now there are already tears streaming down my face like a waterfall. And then I see what's actually in the abyss. It's just pure nothing like I expected. I looked over at Daisy with the eyes that screamed ' help. ' She smiled at me, gestured at Zander to let me go, embraced me, and pushed me into the black pit of nothing. I couldn't believe my eyes. I screamed in terror as I fell on and on. Was this hell for all the stuff I had done in my life? I had to be. Right? I landed on the ground, I saw Lia... she was dead. She wasn't the only person I saw however. I saw a big, black thing. It was really tall and super skinny, it had multiple sets of horns, almost like antlers. It started chasing me, it chased me until I ran out of breath and collapsed.

J: " AHHHHHHHHHH "

" JAKE! " Daisy screamed. " ARE YOU OKAY!? "

J: " W-what!? Oh my goodness! I am so glad that was a nightmare! " I said without realizing that I was crying hard.

D: " Jake... What nightmare..? "

J: " Oh you know... a nightmare... everyone has one once in a while. "

I woke up again. Apparently that was also a dream. Maybe THIS is also a dream. Or a nightmare, whatever it is. I did what any logical person would do to see if they were awake or not, I banged my head on the wall. I don't think that was a good idea, but it got me thinking. What if that meant something? Eh, probably not. I then realize that my headphones are gone. Has someone taken them while I was asleep? No, I saw them broken near the wall across from my bed. I think I threw them while having that horrible nightmare. Oh my goodness! The time says 9:36! Have I been asleep for 11 hours!? I quickly go downstairs to see if my Mom is still helping Milo with his homework, like she does at 9:30 every night. I stop in my tracks when I see light from outside. Have I been asleep for 23 hours!? Is that even possible!? I don't think so, because I am still tired. I soon realize that I had in fact been asleep for that crazy amount of time. It was only Tuesday, and I thought yesterday that this week couldn't get any worse. But it did. I should stop jinxing myself like this. I seem to do it all the time. I heard a knock at the door. Oh gosh, I hate opening the door. It was... Zoey!? This is where I start hating myself isn't it, even more that is, if I thought my self hatred couldn't get any worse... It definitely had.

J: " Yes, Zoey? "

Z: " Hi Jake! I wanted to say sorry! Come here, give me a hug! "

I didn't say a thing. She just forcefully came in for a hug, I pushed her away. I can't trust her after what she did!

Z: " Jake, I said I am sorry. "

J: " Yeah.. I don't trust you, now get out. "

Z: " Fine then! I always get my way, Sterling! I ALWAYS DO! "

I have decided not to answer that. Or else one of us is gonna end up getting sued. She was definitely an unexpected visitor. I expected the mailman.. or even Drew! But it just had to be Zoey. I checked my phone, it had exploded from all of the millions of messages. All from Drew, Henry, Liam... and Lia? Mom, Zanders threats, Milo saying he still wants the chips I owed him. Whatever, I can get them today. A reminder popped up. I honestly expected a message from Zoey this time but hey, one of my reminders... that I didn't set. It told me to check the counter. Huh, I didn't put this in my phone.

- In the Kitchen -

The Note Says:

Hey Honey. Recent things decided to come into my to-do list so can you please go to the store with Milo tonight? I know this week is so you can rest, but at least it isn't going to school and having to deal with lots of homework, right? I won't be home until about 2am, so if you want to stay up and wait for me, you very well can. We can probably have popcorn and root beer floats while Milo is asleep. We can watch a movie from your choosing or just do whatever you want, I'll be there with you! It's alright to say No, okay Jake? Remember that. I left 200 dollars on top of the fridge so you guys can get things on my grocery list and to also get snacks for yourself and Milo. There is also leftover spaghetti in the fridge that you lost out on last night. You can eat that for lunch. Goodbye Jake, Love you! ❤Mom

I smiled at the thought. I will definitely stay up to hangout with Mom! It sounds like fun. Plus, I get to have fun with Milo too. I'll take him to the arcade tonight, and take him to a restaurant, with my money of course. It's just a treat. For the both of us. I think Milo deserves it, and plus, it can be our little secret since me and mom have ours. I honestly think I should surprise him with it, we go to the store when he gets home, come back, and leave again 2 hours later. They say this is my week to rest, but it's really my week to be laid back from what has been happening. To have fun. That's why I am hanging out with family, it's also to get my mind off of everything. I thought about going to Milo's school to pick him up early, but I don't think Mom would be happy with that. I can probably just listen to music from Mom's earbuds while reading, or I can watch YouTube. I will do a lot to get my mind off of my ' Friends '

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1,758

Total word count: 3485

A/N: Next chapter may have some deja vu-