Chapter 3- A Strange Day

If you are new to this- Please go read the other parts to understand the following! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Jakes POV -

As soon as Milo got home, I told him to get his bike, and to put his basket on it. I did the same, I don't know how we're supposed to get the groceries home, so I think I just have to let the day go how the day goes. I was still in my pajamas. Well all it was was comfortable pajama pants and a t-shirt, so I think I'd be okay to go to the store like this. Milo told me that he didn't want to get embarrassed next to me. Next to someone that looked tired, sick, pale as heck, dead, and was still in their pajamas. I told him that I would take a shower before we left, so I did. All that changed was that I looked less tired, I don't know how that works. I decided to get out of my pajamas, because what's the point in getting back into them? There is none.

- At the store -

M: " Jakkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeee I want to go to the snack aisle! "

J: " Milo, we will when we get Mom's groceries, we're almost done I promise. "

M: " Ughhhhhhh fineeee! "

I give him a smile, it wasn't real like always though. Yet he doesn't quite know what's going down for him. It's either he's gonna sit and play on his phone all day, or he's gonna actually have fun with me. I hope it's the second option though, it's been a while since me and my brother have had some quality time. Oh! And that's everything on the list, I don't think me and Milo should get snacks right now, just so it's easier to get home. We can get snacks later at the mall when we go for food and the arcade. I am not sure how that will go, all I know is that it'll be fun. Maybe it won't. but I'd like to think of it as fun.

M: " Jake? Where are we going!? The snacks are that way, why are we going to the check-out line? "

J: " We aren't getting snacks at the moment, Milo. "

M: " But Jake! You promised! "

J: " We will get them later! "

M: " This is why I wish to have a different brother. "

Huh? Just because I said no to snacks for now? What he said did actually hurt me, I don't know why. I've heard this stuff many times before, but it hurt me this time... whatever, we're siblings, we say that stuff. Right? That hurt me a lot more than it should have. I keep saying it, but it's just something about what he said. And then it hit me, he said that this is why he wishes it. Almost like he wishes it all the time. Whatever, it doesn't matter.

M: " Jake..? "

J: " Milo! I- uhh agree! "

M: " Jake I didn't say anything worth agreeing. Unless.. You wished you were never born so another brother would be born. "

M: " ... "

M: " Jake. I don't know what it is with you lately... but you changed. "

J: " You know, Milo... I am staying home for the next week and a half. "

M: " What- Why? Why didn't I know this? Can I also stay home!? "

J: " You'll understand soon enough. "

MJ: " Oh! Jake! "

J: " M-Miss Jones!? What are you doing here!? "

MJ: " I was just getting some milk. We ran out at home and my kids don't trust their father to go. "

J: " Uh-Huh. "

M: " Is that your teacher!? "

J: " M-Milo! "