Chapter 4- A Strange Night

If you are new to this- Please go read the other parts to understand the following! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Jakes POV -

I woke up 3 hours later after I sat down. Phew, it was only 1:47. I still had enough time before Mom got home, I should decide on what to do. Maybe watch a movie..? Play a 2-player game? Maybe we should choose together, yeah, that'll be a lot easier. Well I guess it was perfect timing because I heard the door open, and I also saw it in the corner of my eye. I turned to my right, expecting my Mother. It was not my Mom. It was... Zoey!? What the hell. She looked just as shocked to see me as I was to see her, had she not seen the light on? She had a bat. But I am guessing she came here for me, as she did earlier that day- or I guess it was yesterday now.

J: " Zoey What The Hell!? "

Z: " J-Jake! I just borrowed your Brother's bat, I need to return it! " I could tell she was stuttering.

J: " The last time I checked, my Brother didn't know who the hell you were. "

Z: " He doesn't! I was just borrowing it! I hope he didn't notice. "

J: " Zoey... My Brother doesn't play baseball. "

She didn't answer. She was walking towards me, with an evil grin on her face. I backed up, but fell over the coffee table, she raised the bat to her shoulders.

Z: " Ya know Jake. You could've been spared if you had just done what I had asked today! But you didn't " she said with a stupid laugh, thinking she's ' cool. '

I didn't answer, I cut some of my arm open while falling across the coffee table. It hurt.. a lot. It didn't help that Zoey was trying to murder me! She walked back to the door and closed it, locked it, and closed the curtains. I could already tell it was gonna be a bloody mess in here.

J: " Zoey! There is a 12 year old boy here! You don't want to wake him up and traumatize him do you!? "

Z: " I don't care about that! I just want my revenge! "

She got much closer, eventually she reached my feet. I was already covering myself, there was nothing stopping Zoey now. What Zoey wants, Zoey gets, it's how the world works. I guess I was destined for this. Maybe the first part of my nightmare will be a reality... Maybe Zander isn't surviving a car ride to or from that wedding they're attending. Maybe me and Zander's time is really.. over. But- I can't traumatize my own Brother and Mother! I suddenly hear the doorbell, then I hear keys. I could survive this!

Z: " What the hell!? Who comes here at 2am!? "

J: " My Mother! "

Z: " Let's make this quick! "

She lifted the bat up, and instantly swung it, but stopped when she heard the door instantly open. She ran after that. Lucky for her, my Mom came in with a yawn, meaning she couldn't hear Zoey's running across the room to the next.

JM: " Jakey!? What are you doing on the floor!? Are you okay!? " She ran over and asked worryingly.

J: " I'm okay, Mom. My brain made me think I was going to school and had many missing assignments. But don't worry, I remembered that they aren't gonna assign me anything. "

JM: " You had me worried there, Jake. "

We both shared a relieved smile. I could tell she was really excited for the night.

JM: " Okay, Honey, I need to go change. I'll be down in a minute. "

I knew she was probably uncomfortable in those clothes, but still, we were both stupidly excited. The moment she left my heart dropped, and I felt cold. I remembered Zoey was here. Again, she came back from hiding in the shadows, she kneeled down in front of me where I was sitting, and whispered:

Z: " I'll get you next time, Sterling. Let the cut remind you who's boss. "

She gave me a cold stare and left. She must've assumed I was asleep since I wasn't answering her texts. Mom came down a few minutes later, with her hair up in a messy bun and all. She came down with two root beer bottles she kept in her mini fridge. I got the ice cream out of the freezer, for root beer floats of course!

JM: " Honey, do you know what game to play? "

J: " No. I was hoping we could decide together. "

JM: " Hmm. Not many games are fun with just 2 people. We should invite your brother next time. "

J: " Yeah... Sure. "

JM: " Oh I got it! How about we have a fun game of Mario-Kart, Huh? "

J: " Mom... That's Perfect!! "

- After Getting Mario-Kart Set Up-

JM: " I call having Dry Bowser!! "

J: " Awh, Come on Man! Not cool! I guess I'll go with regular Bowser! "

- 5 Minutes Later -

J: " OH COME ON COME ON I'M GONNA WIN!!! "

JM: " Hah! I somehow doubt that! "

J: " WHAT!? SOMEONE JUST HIT ME WITH A BLUE SHELL! NO SOMEONE PASSED ME! "

JM: " Pff- That would be me " she said with a laugh.

J: " Noooooo MOM!? You? Awhhh I can't believe you! "

We both started laughing! Like really hard, I smiled truthfully for the first time in ages. I felt so happy, I forgot that I had gotten into a fight with my ' friends ' a couple of days ago. And then the cold thought came to my mind. If I hadn't woken up at 1:47, I could be dead, or badly injured. If I woke up at 1:48 it would have kicked the bucket, or would have sat there traumatizing my Mom as she walked in. Zoey attempted murder, she literally tried to murder me. Eh, could be worse. It could be my family... or Daisy.

- After Playing Multiple Rounds Of Mario-Kart -

JM: " Jakey, may you please pick out a movie while I make our popcorn? "

J: " Yeah- what movie? "

JM: " Dunno, your choice. Orrrrr we can sit down and talk about our funny moments? "

J: " Oooh~ Second choice! "

JM: " Heh, this will be fun. "

It was 3:11 now. I honestly didn't think she'd be able to be up at this time, I thought she had work in the morning? Whatever, this is quite fun anyways.

- After Hours Of Having Fun Talking About Stupid Things -

JM: " Well, it's been so fun hanging out with you, but I think I gotta sleep, remember how many times we almost fell asleep today even though we were in the middle of laughing? "

J: " Heh, Yep. Fun Times. Fun Times. Well I should sleep too. Hopefully not another nightmare! "

I seriously hope I don't have a nightmare tonight. I pray to have a nice nights sleep. Like one of the best sleeps I have had in my life!

- At Noon -

What? I didn't have any dream at all? I am just going to consider myself lucky. It was a very nice sleep. It's.. 12:21. Well that isn't bad, I had a 7 hour sleep. Because me and Mom stayed up until near 5. I am guessing she is gone at work now. I feel kinda bad that we were up so late last night. Maybe today will be better than last night or yesterday. Maybe I just won't leave the house for now. I won't answer anybodies calls, texts, or voicemails. Nothing. I will have a stress free week. It's Wednesday, I still have exactly a week to go. How bad could it possibly be?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1,328

Total Word Count: 7576

A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short, I had no ideas for it. But I will gather ideas for Chapter 5. It may or may not be in Jakes POV..