Chapter 1- This Wasn't Supposed To Happen

- Jakes POV -

I... I don't know what to do anymore. I just lost 8 of my friends, all in the span of a day. It was all Drew, Liam, Henry, Hailey, Zander, Luke, Milly, and Sean. Nothing feels right anymore, I want to go home. But I am afraid, I can't go back. I mean, I can physically go back home, just never mentally. The people I held dear in my heart are all gone... They were my.. my home. I don't feel well. I think I might ask to go home, the pain is unbearable. I have no idea what to do anymore. I keep saying it, it's the truth. What wasn't the truth however, was what I said about the club. That filthy stuff the club made me feel and say most of all. I can't pay attention to anything going on, nobody has noticed.. Who would anyway? No one. That's who.

MJ: " JAKE STERLING! "

J: " H-Huh!? Oh.. Sorry... Miss Jones. "

MJ: " It's quite alright. Do you need to go to the nurse? You look sick! "

J: " Yeah, I don't feel too well. It's the worst I've ever felt. "

MJ: " Oh Dear! Get some rest please! We will send you home right away! And please... get some sleep, you look like you haven't slept in days. "

She was right. I haven't slept for the last week. I didn't know it was possible but ever since... that incident, and the nightmare happened, I have never been able to sleep. I am pretty sure you could die if you don't sleep for over 10 days, but how would I know? It hasn't been 10 days... yet...

MJ: " JAKE! " Miss Jones yelled again.

J: " Oh my goodness! Sorry Miss! "

MJ: " Jake... Can we talk... outside? "

J: " Uhh, sure? "

- Outside of the classroom -

* Sigh * " Jake, do you have something going on? "

J: " Huh? Oh no.. I just haven't been feeling too well, like in a sick way. Not in the mental way at all. I think it's best if I stay at home for a few days. " I was hesitant to say every word.

MJ: " I'll make sure not to assign you any assignments. I know that I am not allowed to do that unless you're in hospital... But by the looks and sounds of it, you won't be coming back until next week. "

J: " Oh that's alright, you don't have to do that! I would hate to be such a burden. " I said even though I already am.

MJ: " No I don't want to put anything more onto your plate, and besides, that's one less person I have to grade. "

J: " I.. I suppose you're right. I'll text my mom to come and pick me up, if that's okay with you. "

MJ: " Of course it is Jake! Now do you want to wait in the office or in the classroom? "

J: " Uhh.. The classroom please. B-but can I go to the bathroom please..? "

MJ: " Of Course Jake. When you come back you can do whatever, just... Don't make a scene if you go on your phone. "

J: " I won't... Uh- Thanks.. Miss Jones. "

MJ: " Anytime. If you ever need me, feel free to email me, I am always available. "

And then she walked back to class, so I texted my mother and headed to the bathroom. I always wonder why she says my name in most of her sentences when she is speaking to me. I shouldn't think about it, it's probably a teacher thing. I blew the thought away. But not even that conversation could get my mind off of the recent events. I could barely speak, I think she knew that... I hesitated in most of my words, my voice was also cracking up, but I could not risk getting caught crying, that's just embarrassing. And I suppose I don't need any sympathy or empathy, I don't need it, I can do this by myself. I finished using the restroom I looked in the mirror, Miss J was right, I look sick, tired, and what she hadn't said.. was dead, I look dead. My mind replays the disasters that have been happening recently, and I broke down crying. As if this day couldn't get any worse, Drew walked in. I quickly stand up, and dash out of the bathroom, but I know in my gut that he was about to say something. I walk into the classroom, with my eyes puffy, but that doesn't matter to me anymore. What matters is that I make no sign of sadness. Well clearly I looked sad with these puffy eyes, but nobody looks up at me.