Chapter 5- Not The Truth

If you are new to this- Please go read the other parts to understand the following! Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Jakes POV -

Oh crap. I saw Daisy texted me, and Lia. It is just too hard to resist, but I must stick to my promise. I turned off all of the notifications in my phone, now the only thing I do is watch YouTube, listen to music, and find ways to keep myself entertained. Well this will certainly be a boring, interesting day. If those words even go together...

- Hailey's POV -

It's been 2 days since we have seen Jake. Miss Jones hasn't said a word and she's the one that let him go home early, maybe I could ask her. I am not worried or anything, I am just curious. I can't be worried for his friends either, they are not the best people, and they probably know where Jake is anyway. Oh! There's Daisy, maybe I could ask her.

H: " Heya, Daisy. "

D: " Oh, Hi Hailey. "

H: " Do you know where Jake is? My brother kept threatening him, he hasn't answered. "

D: " When I saw he left a few days ago... I called him 3 times to see if he was alright. He didn't answer the first 2 times. The 3rd time the phone was answered and it wasn't Jake. "

H: " Who was it? His Mom? "

D: " Uh- No. It was Zoey. "

H: " What the heck did she say this time? "

D: " I can't... remember. I think it was something like, ' He is no longer under your control. ' "

H: " I think you called the wrong number. "

D: " Maybe. We shouldn't worry about it, Miss Jones said she was with him yesterday and he was okay. "

H: " Alright... thank you.. Daisy. "

Even though I know he's alright now, I still have the strangest feeling that he's not. Like he's been shoved underwater and can't swim back up so he has to sit there and accept his fate. That's what it looked like a few days ago. I hate Jake. There. I said it. I hated him when he ' bullied ' us, I hated it when he practically forced me to sing with me, I hated it when he said all of those words! He always ruins everything! But... I miss his company. I HATE HIM SO MUCH. I think Zander saw how frustrated I was. He thought Jake was the one who hurt me, but I was the one who ended up hating myself after letting him in this club.

Z: " Hailey? If it isn't Jake.. then who is it? "

H: " I- Its.. It's Zoey... She's the one who ruined my life. "

Z: " Ohhh her again! I am going to freaking murder that bish! "

Something about what he just said didn't feel like he meant it for Zoey. Whatever, I wouldn't actually murder someone, I don't think Zoey would either. Well unless it involves money, then she might.

- A Couple Of Hours Later, Last Period -

T: " Hailey, is there something wrong? "

H: " Huh? Oh uh, No Miss... Sorry. "

T: " That's quite alright, Miss Austin. Just pay attention please. "

That's the thing. I can't pay attention. I am worried about Milly, she went to go to the doctor today for her hallucinations. I feel bad, Sean told me that she was ' seeing ' Jake at the malls pizzeria. Apparently it turned out to be some kid just getting some drinks for him and his dad. The kid looked about 12 according to Sean, had some traits of Jake, but that's about it. Sean took Milly home straight after that, and told her parents about the situation. I am going to call her after school and see how she is doing.

T: " MISS AUSTIN! "

H: " Y-Yeah!? "

T: " That's a detention for you. Pay attention! "

H: " H-Huh? "

T: " I'll be waiting for you after school in the detention room. "

H: " Sorry... Miss... "

- After Class -

H: " Milly? "

M: " Hailey!? Is that you!? "

H: " Yes, Milly... How are you? "

M: " I'm okay. I just need to stop thinking about how mad I am. And how much I miss him. "

H: " Milly. He stabbed us in the back right when he came in to give us a hug after all of those years. You still trust him since then? "

M: " No.. He broke my trust. But that doesn't take away the fact that I miss him. "

H: " I guess I also feel that way? Well I gotta go to detention now. Bye Milly! "

M: " Wait!? DETENTION!? What did you do!? "

H: " Doesn't matter! BYE! "

That's it. I hung up. I didn't mean to tell her I had to go to detention, it just slipped out. Sorry Milly. I am so sorry.

- Lia's POV -

" Sorry Jake. I feel so bad though I apologized. Maybe I should stop talking to Zoey, after all, she's the cause of all of this. She was the one who got me away from Hailey, back when we were best friends. She was the one who set up the manipulation so he'd lose all of his friends. She was the one who made me into this. I bullied Milly because of her. I bullied Hailey because of her. I was part of why she got with Drew. I already knew you at the time, we were good friends. But Zoey pulled me away from you, bringing me on every date she and Drew had. Asking to hangout when I had just asked you to hangout. Still, Jake. I am sorry. I know there is much more to say about this, but I don't think you'd want to listen to the long list of things I want to say. I will fix everything... I promise. If I break that promise, then I promise to stop bugging you. That's a promise I won't break for sure. I will try to talk to Hailey, but the last time we spoke, we fought. I was jealous of her, she had just become your best friend when I wanted to stay that way. I'll talk to her, I'll try and fix it. Sorry Jake. I wish I didn't go down the path of being friends with Zoey, I should've stayed with Hailey. Sorry Jake. I'm Sorry. I'm Sorry. I'm Sorry. I love you, Goodbye and many Sorry's Jake! "

L: " There... I sent it. "

D: " I know you would have done it without me asking anyway. Sorry for getting up in your personal space, I don't do this much. "

L: " You're okay, Daisy. I have to head to detention now. Maybe then I could fix things up with Hailey. "

D: " Good Luck! I am always here if you need it. "

- At Detention -

L: " Sorry for being a minute late. I had to send a voicemail... A voicemail to someone who won't answer my calls or texts. "

T: " That's okay Lia. Take a seat next to~ Hailey... "

H: " Can she please not sit next to me? "

T: " She is sitting next to you whether you like it or not! In fact, you guys should speak for the whole time if you hate each other so much! "

L: " Oh thank goodness. Hi Hailey! "

H: " Don't. Talk. To. Me. "

L: " Hailey! I need to talk to you about recent events, I want to clear things up with you. "

H: " Fine, since you won't leave me alone. "

That's it. I explained everything and got it off of my chest. I saw she started to cry realizing nothing was my fault. Well, that's what she said. Everything was my fault. She gave me a very shocking embrace, so I hugged her back. It was nice to have a friend again.

L: " Oh! And I need to talk to you about one more thing! "

H: " What is it? "

L: " It's about... Zoey... and Jake... "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1332

Total Word Count: 8908

A/N: Again, sorry for the short chapter. =v= I like to write, but I couldn't that day.