Ch. 102 - REUNIONS

Start from the beginning

Scott looked at her and she smiled softly and gave him a small nod. He smiled back at her and nodded slightly before she kissed the side of his head and stood up. Scott took a deep breath before punching the ground a few times until he was able to grab a handful of dirt. Azalea handed him a cloth, helping him wrap the dirt into it before he looked at her and Lydia

"What's next?" He asked, making them look at him before walking over to the cars.

🏹

Azalea, Scott and Lydia stood around the McCall household, waiting for Argent when they heard the front door open. "Anyone home?" Someone called out and Azalea looked at Scott with an excited smile when she heard her brother's voice. Her smile only grew when she heard the sound of small feet running across the floor, making her quickly move towards the living room.

"Aunty Azzi!" Grace, Azalea's five year old niece yelled as she ran over to her aunt. "Gracie! Oh, look at you!" Azalea said as she picked Grace up, who immediately wrapped her arms around Azalea's shoulders. "Why is it that the moment you stopped having the Novac last name, you stopped caring about your brother?" Stefan asked, making Azalea look over to see him and Anya walking over. The two Novac siblings still have a Romanian accent in their voice.

"I stopped caring about my brother the moment he gave me a new favorite Novac." Azalea said, raising her eyebrows at her brother, "I hope you realize you are my third favorite Novac now, Anya and Grace are ahead of you." Azalea said, making Anya chuckle while Stefan rolled his eyes. Azalea set Grace down before tightly hugging her brother.

"Missed you though." Azalea said and Stefan chuckled, "We saw each other last month." He said. "Yes, we went from seeing each other daily for over a hundred years to seeing each other twice a month. It's still not something I'm used to." Azalea said and Stefan chuckled and kissed the top of his sister's head. "Missed you too." He said as they pulled away before Azalea hugged Anya.

"Have you heard anything from the agency yet?" Anya asked and Azalea sighed, "Not yet, but hopefully soon." She said and Anya gave her a small smile as they pulled away. "Uncle Scott!" Grace yelled, making them look over to see Grave running over to Scott as he walked into the living room. "Hey, Gracie." Scott said as he picked her up, making Azalea smile softly.

"Hey, guys." Scott said, hugging Stefan and Anya after setting down Grace. "Hey. Do you guys actually think this is gonna work?" Stefan asked and Azalea shrugged slightly, "I mean- I'm here after dying. Whose to say Allison can't be as well." Azalea said and her brother raised his eyebrows. "Except Allison died completely human, unlike you, and it's highly unlikely that she's going to become a Strigoi." Stefan said.

"I guess we'll find out." Azalea said as she looked at Scott, who nodded.

A little while later, they all stood around the island table with Argent. On the table sat the sword that killed Allison in a black case. "Anybody mind if we close this thing?" Lydia asked and Argent nodded, "Yeah." He said, closing and locking the case before setting down on the ground.

"Does your, uh, mom know that you're here?" Argent asked, looking at Scott, making Scott look at him, "Does she know that you're here?" He asked. "No. And I kind of want to keep it that way." Argent said and Scott nodded, "Yeah, me too." He said while Azalea gave Argent an amused look.

"All right. Lydia, we've got the earth where she died, the weapon that took her life. According to you, that's steps one and two. What is next?" Argent asked and Lydia pulled out papers from her folder. "There's a spell that Azalea can do." Lydia said, making Azalea raise her eyebrows, "Resurrection spells have prices. Like taking my magic away." Azalea said, glancing over at her brother before shrugging slightly.