Ch. 32 - VISIONARY

Author's Note:
Imagine everything they're saying is in Romanian unless Pedro is around. I wrote it all in english to make it easier to read. Also, this is the longest chapter I have ever wrote.

10,526 words to be exact.

Chapter Thirty-Two
Visionary

⊚ February, 1857 - Romania

"Azalea!" Stefan called out as he followed his sister through the woods, "You know you're not allowed to come with me. You're supposed to be back at home-" He said and she stopped and turned to him. "Why? So I can do all boring the house work while our sisters do whatever they please?" She asked and he sighed and looked at his youngest sister with pity.

"Azalea, you know that's not tru-" He went to say but she cut him off, "It is and you know it. You and Tată (father) go out to town all the time. Mamă, Narcisa and Ada does the cooking, but it's mostly Mamă who does it. Delorian and Bianca likes to do the gardening sometimes. Delia feeds the animals once a month. Ivona is obsessed with her dresses she makes. For herself." She said and he sighed softly and glanced down.

"I have to clean up after Mamă is done cooking, I have to clean the house, wash the clothes. If Delorian and Bianca doesn't do the gardening, I have to. If Delia isn't feeding the animals, I am and I have to clean after them. I have to clean up all the fabric and needles that Ivona leaves around. I would like to do something I want to do before I grow to old to do it." She said and Stefan nodded before gently grabbing his sisters shoulders.

"I promise, once I get enough Lei (Romanian money) we will leave. You'll never have to be treated like this again." He said and she sighed, "You know how hard it is for people like us to get lei, let alone enough to leave. The towns people don't like us." She said and he was about to say something when all of the sudden a spooked horse ran towards them.

"Woah!" Stefan yelled, grabbing the reins to make it stop, "It's alright." He said calmly, trying to get it to calm down. It took a few minutes but he finally got the horse to calm down while Azalea looked at the horse's empty saddle. "Where is his rider? This is a spanish saddle... An expensive one too." Azalea said making Stefan glance around with furrowed brows.

"I'm not sure... Go look around, but dont go to far." He said and Azalea nodded before walking off. She cautiously walked around before she saw a figure laying in the middle of a clearing. She furrowed her brows slightly before slowly walking over to see it was a man. She could instantly he was from Spain based on the clothes he was wearing, which had a red blotch on his side.

She slowly crouched down and lightly poked his shoulder to see if he would wake up but he did. "Stefan!" She yelled and a few seconds later Stefan ran over, "Azalea! Get away from him!" He said as he protectively grabbed her arm and pulled her up making her roll her eyes.

"Oh stop it, Stefan. He's clearly harmless and vulnerable." She said as she glanced down at man before looking at her brother, "We could take him back with us!" She said making him give her a look. "Mamă, Ivona and Delorian could help him. And when he's awake then we can figure out why he's here." She said and he sighed.

"You know how Tată feels about others in our home. Especially when they're not from here." He said and she shrugged slightly, "Well I dont care what Tată thinks or says. He could die out here, Stefan!" She said and he groaned under his breath slightly. "I hate you sometimes, sister. You know that right?" He asked and she smiled, "Of course." She said.

Stefan bend down and picked the man up before they walked back over to the horse. Azalea grabbed the horses reins while Stefan draped the man across the saddle. "Tată is going to kill us." Stefan said as they started walking and Azalea smiled at him, "Well then it was a life well spent, brother." She said making chuckle and shake his head.