•18•

I'm in the field sitting with Ben

I'm in the field sitting with Ben. We lay on a blanket gazing up at the sky as the clouds roll past our curious eyes.

Ive never been this happy. My stomach is well past a little swollen. I'm due in a month, November. Ben and I are going on with our relationship.

He sits up and grabs one of my favorite foods, strawberries. He brings it down to my lips and I part them allowing the fruit to slip through them. I moan at how good the fruit is. I don't understand how anyone could not like them.

"So good" I say as I finish the strawberry.

"I love you Lilly" he voices, looking down at me with a big bright smile and loving eyes.

"I love you too" I respond leaning up for a kiss. It quickly ends by him pulling away and standing.

"I LOVE LILLAN JOHNSON" he screams at the top of his lungs running around the meadow. I sit myself up and laugh at him as he runs up and down the hill. He makes one more trip down screaming,

"I love Lilly John-"

"Ben?" I question, confined on why he stopped chanting his love for me. I get no response so I slowly stand, placing my hang upon my belly to help me walk better.

"Ben?" I ask one more time. As I make my way down the hill I see him laying there on the ground. I sigh a breath of relief.

"Ben you crazy man what are you doing?" He doesn't respond so I make my way down the hill being careful. As I draw closer to him I notice a big red spot on his head. That's strange.

"Ben?" I question getting closer. When I'm close enough I can see the hole between his eyes, oozing blood. The father of my child, the love of my life, my first time, dead before my eyes. Who could have done such a thing. I fall to my knees beside him and break into a sob.

"Ben, Ben please wake up. Ben please. Don't leave us. Please this baby needs you. I need you." I say grabbing onto his face and kissing him. When I realize I'm far too late I break out into full on wails and I pick up his head and place it on my lap. I close his eyes, making sure I'm the last thing to cross his eyes before he completely goes. I stroke his hair and sing a lullaby, our favorite from when we were kids.

"Hush-a-bye you sweet little baby and don't you cry anymore," I begin, unable to stop the tears from slipping past my eyes and dropping onto his head. My dress is completely covered in blood but I don't mind it as much as I mind him being dead.

"Daddy is down at the stockbrokers office a keeping t-the wolf from the door" I more sob the song than sing it.

"N-nursie will rai-" I begin but am cut off my a sinister laugh from behind me. I turn my head and see the one person I would never hope to see again. Don/Donny.