•4•

•°•

.•°•.•°•..•°•.

"Come in" I speak.

The door opens and I look up to see who it is. My features immediately soften when I notice it's Lilly and her brother.

"Hello Lilly, what can I do for you, dinners in ten minutes."

"I have to show you something."

She closes the door and walks up to my desk. She places her brother on the desk and my face of confusion turns into a face of anger when she lifts his shirt to reveal a big black and blue bruise that's appeared on his back.

"How did this happen?"

"I'm pretty sure it was the lady who watched him while I went on the house tour. I would have taken him with me but he was asleep, and your brother offered to get someone to watch him, and I thought he would be fine. She told me she bathed him when he woke up and he was in pjs but I had to change him for dinner and I saw a bruise on his thigh, so I checked him for more."

I look into her eyes when I hear her voice begin to crack. She's about to break down. I stand up and walk around my desk to give her a hug.

She resists it for a few seconds but then gives into the comfort of it.

"Who is she?"

"I uh, I think Elias said her name was Elsa. He didn't have these this morning or when I changed him for his nap he took."

Elsa. He could have chosen anyone but Elsa.

"Alessandro, I trusted her"

She bursts into tears crying into my shirt and I let her. Her brother is hurt and I bet she feels it's her fault for trusting her.

"I know. Elsa's had trouble with children before. She's a help to the chef, I'm not sure why Elias brought her to watch him."

"I just, I feel responsible, because I trusted her with him."

"I know and I'll take care of her. I'll get some bandages and cooling gel for you to apply to the bruises. We can have dinner out on the patio instead of with everyone else."

I say as I wipe her tears.

"Ok"

"Go back to your room and I'll come and get you when the patio is set up."

"Ok" She chuckles. "I feel weak for crying" she says wiping the remaining tears from her face.

"No you should feel anything but weak. Crying does not indicate that you are weak,. Since birth it has always been a sign that you are alive, and your worried about your brother. I would be too if something like that happened to him. We take the safety of women and children very seriously. Without them there would be no us, and my mother taught us to be very respectful of women"