Drunk Massimo

EVERLEIGH

I love baba's house as it is sooooo big that it feels like a castle to me. It's always fun running around waiting for either Uncle Moose to catch me or baba when I have the time of my life. Mama and my aunts keep telling me not to run as I can fall and hurt myself but they don't understand how free I feel running around and how much it makes me happy and carefree. I just love to do it and as always, my hero comes to the rescue and allows to let me do whatever I want since he is always looking out after me. Yes. Baba. Baba is my hero.

Right now, I was sitting in our music room. Baba and mine's, we called it the HERO STUDIOS since baba was my hero and he said that I was his. He came to know that I had immense love for music and that's when he built a proper music room for me and bought a new piano, guitar, violin and so many other instruments whose name I forgot but it was all worth it, since I loved to play them and hear the melody that comes out of it. Baba only knows how to play a guitar and so he taught some to me, making me fall in love with it each passing day. It's so soothing, so calming and so refreshing that nothing can beat a rainy weather, with hottttt pizza, a cold drinkand a family member playing a sweet melody on the guitar nearby while you sit with them, listen to the music, talk with them and eat your pizza. Pizza my little baby. Mommy's little little baby.

I was wearing the brown and black frock baba had bought for me from somewhere out of Italy and had made my hair into two ponytails when I closed the door of the music room and took the guitar, placing it carefully onto the ground when I did a little dance getting excited and then lightly slapped the both of my cheeks three times to wake myself up and get ready when I started to play it. The guitar was heavy and I couldn't hold it in my arms like baba could, so I used to put it on the ground and try to play it.

Baba and mama's favourite song was 'If you love her' and they always dedicated it to each other when I always swooned at the love they both showered on each other. I remember sneaking out of bed when it was raining and I just wanted to go out and dance in the rain when I stopped immediately and hid behind a pillar watching baba and mama sitting on the steps in front of the house, watching the rain as he was playing the guitar looking into her eyes. I silently witnessed the both of them and smiled seeing the smile on baba's face as he gazed into her eyes and the love openly displayed on her face as she gazed into his eyes.

He was playing that same song and was singing it for her when I was astonished as I had never heard him sing before. His voice was so beautiful, melodious and immaculate that I sat on the ground beside the pillar and kept listening to him, rocking left and right, a sense of tranquility emanating through my own body, making sleepy butterflies awaken in my heart and making me smile like never before.

The rain started to pound more harshly when he scooted closer to her and touched his forehead with hers as she snuggled closer to him, giggling but he never stopped playing the guitar and singing along when I could feel my elder sister was in tears as it was so beautiful. I always took my elder sister as my mother since she had practically been my mother since I was a baby.

Nobody else was willing to take care of me but her. My own mother abandoned me as she hated the sight of me and thought that I was an ugly child. My dad told me this while he was beating me and told me how he thought the same. But sissy and baba never made me feel that way. Not even Uncle Moose or aunt Em or aunt Ella. I felt loved here.

The song had ended when he placed the guitar aside and kept looking into her eyes smiling when I gasped when he whispered to her, but not much of a whisper, enough for me to hear, "I love you." She whispered it back hugging him when I saw him pulling her closer when I scooted closer to the pillar as I just wanted someone to hug me right now too the way he was hugging her. And as soon as the thought crossed my mind, Uncle Moose screamed from behind, "SOMEBAADYYYY'SSS LOOKINNNNN!" and he rushed away laughing when I scrambled on my feet hurriedly, my heart thumping wildly in my chest where I could feel my rib cage about to break apart as I tried to run back to my room as fastly as my tiny legs could carry.