Where Sophia deceives Ashton with another man, part II

ASHTON

He nodded and tickled the little one as he left the room.

I sighed and looked at Sophia who was looking expectantly at me. And now that Massimo mentioned it? Everything seemed way more off than before. I had been noticing that Sophia was getting a bit distant from me and I remember asking her about it to which she replied that it was her changing hormones and all. So, brushing it off on her body issues, I went back to our normal life. But since Massimo told me this? Everything felt flawed, a lie, a deceiving chamber of fucking poison that my own wife was silently giving to me, ending my life faster than anyone could ever even imagine if asked to make a guess.

I sat on the bed and just looked at Sophia who was also gazing back at me. One thing that now confirmed me was that the woman sitting in front of me and looking at me right now? That wasn't Sofie. She was a whole, different person only meant to maybe hurt me, give me pain or maybe plan some GOOD surprises that I would like. But the latter seemed as stupid to me as me thinking of explaining Integration to Alessia.

I held Sophia's hands and started rubbing them when I asked in a soft voice, "Sofie, are you there?"

Something broke behind those eyes of hers and she quickly drank back the tears from her eyes when she forcefully smiled and whispered, "Yes."

I reached up to place a strand of her hair behind her ear when she flinched which confused me, "Then what happened, angel?"

"What do you mean?"

I got closer to her and cupped her cheek, "You have been off lately. You don't talk much, you don't laugh much, your eyes......" I held her face from both sides and rubbed my thumbs under the bags of her eyes, "there is no Mrs. Romanno type of light left in there, baby. You have been eating less, you are growing pale, you always seem to be in stress. What is it, my love? What is disturbing you?"

And the audacity of her to lie to me, AGAIN, "I'm just worried about Alessia and her upbringing."

I removed my hands as a frown made way to my face when I looked at her, "You do know that I know that you are a shitty liar, right? I do know that you don't come up with good responses and cannot handle a complicated situation that smartly. So one thing that I know is that, the excuse you just gave is hell nowhere close to the actual problem. So tell me," I took off my shoes and laid in bed when I pulled her on top of my chest. She shuddered but still laid down, her muscles taut as ever which confused me more and gave many signs away, vouching for the truth. What the hell was going on?

I ran my hands through her hair and kissed her head, "Sofie, if anything is disturbing you, please trust me and tell it to me. Even if you made a mistake, let me know and I'll sort it out or if you have any other thing in mind or any other decisions that you have been thinking recently to make? Baby, let me know."

She looked up at me, "What decisions?"

"Leaving me."

She immediately got up, "Ash-ashton, why would you ever even think that I would want to leave you?"

"Then tell me darling, what is disturbing my girl? What is deteriorating your mental and physical health so bad?"

And what I didn't expect was for Sophia to turn her face away and rather respond to me harshly, "Nothing. Also, not everything is of your concern."

"It so bloody well is. You are my wife, the mother of my child, you are mine to protect and keep safe from from all the enemies out there. You are my most weakest point. So, I need to know each and everything."

She got agitated and got off the bed when she looked at me in distaste, "Why do you think that you are the only one who can solve matters? Do you really think that you are the only man capable on this earth to solve each and every matter? Do you really think that you are the only man who knows ways out of some maze? Are you the only man who can never lose a challenge and thus never be challenged? Are you the only man-"