Everleigh torturing the kids

ASHTON

I walk through the entire house which is creeping me the hell out as there is that eerie quietness hanging around, so fucking thin like a thread, clawing up the back of my neck like a ghost. I had my fingers crossed that I hadn't had faced dementia at the age of twenty-eight and had suddenly forgotten for what was happening in my life, because last I remember, I had a wife, four kids, three from Sophia and one was Everleigh. I had my brother and his family, my sister and her family, but where the fuck were all of them?

The main lights in the house were on which we always kept to illuminate the house in case some kid decided to come to the kitchen or go to the playground or anything. Didn't want the darkness to scare the living shit out of them and for each elder to come scrambling down the stairs upon hearing their screams, our hearts banging against our ribcage with the fear and anxiety swirling around our bloods at the thoughts of what had happened that caused the children to literally scream their fucking head off.

And that too, in our house. The place that is the most safest for them after their parent's arms.

I could somewhat understand the absence of the ladies in the house, they could all be huddled together and doing whatever they liked, but the kids? I remember they had energetic genes and I always remembered them running around the house, laughing and screaming their heads off, and occasionally getting a scold from me as the noise would disturb me at my working hours. But the question remained the same as to where the fuck were they?

I was going upstairs when Bennet was coming down, another one of my guards, when he nodded, "Boss."

"Bennet."

He was about to pass when I stopped him, "Where are the kids?"

"Ms. Princess is teaching them maths in your and her's studio."

I clenched my jaw tightly to stop the smile from melting over my face when I just nodded. Ms. Princess was Everleigh, and the studio he was talking about was the one I had gotten made when it was just Everleigh, Sophia and I. I used to teach her how to play a piano there, we used to sit there with Sophia, sing and occasionally, would even end up sleeping there.

We called it the, "Rockeve studio." Rock for rockstar and eve for Everleigh.

I walked towards the studio when the door was a bit ajar. Deciding not to just enter, I quietly stood outside in the shadows and decided to observe the teacher and the students. And I have got to say............. I CONTROLLED MY CHUCKLE.

Everleigh was wearing the brown frock I had gotten for her when we first visited Thailand together. She was wearing white tights underneath with brown sneakers. She had beautiful earrings on and a small bracelet that I had gotten for her when I was randomly passing by the shops during my way to a meeting. I saw this in a shop, it reminded me of Everleigh and I bought it.

Her face was glowing, her cheeks were puffed up and my little girl was so energetic that it warmed my heart. She had a passion for teaching just like I had a passion for scolding people or even killing them. The passion was as strong as Sophia's desires during pregnancy. Licking doormats, sleeping with dustbins in bed till I would be a few seconds away from divorcing her but knowing that she had my baby in her stomach and that I still loved the shit out of her? I just used to throw the bin out and dump her in the shower because MY ROOM STINKED OF GARBAGE!

I shivered at the flashbacks when I massaged my forehead. Yes, Sophia went through pregnancies and yes, they were hard on her as everything changed for her, but trust me when I say this.......... my mental health went out of the windows and into the gutters while looking after her. It became so horrible.