Evaline........ you'll kill Ashton

ASHTON

There was a brief knock on the door when it swung open and Emma walked in, exhaustion clearly written on her face. She slumped in the seat in front of my office table and placed a paper in front of me. Squinting my eyes and leaving my work, I picked it up and started inspecting it to see that it was Evaline's report card. She was fairly good at all the other subjects except........ maths.

She........................ barely passed it.

Rubbing my forehead, I looked at Emma who was clearly worn out. She was half lying against the chair staring up at the ceiling when I asked, "What was Evaline's reaction looking at her math percentage?"

"Fucking happy."

I was hell confused and narrowed my eyebrows as I wasn't expecting this answer when she explained, "She was more happy over the fact that she passed instead of the fact that it was barely two percent that passed her." She then looked at me, "Ashton, maths is not in my control, it just isn't my field, I can't help her get a grip on it. Can you please teach her?"

I nodded, "Sure, no issues. Where is she?"

She sighed, "Celebrating with Aurelius over the same fact. They both are currently dancing their asses off that atleast she didn't fail."

I chuckled and asked her to let Eva relax for one day, to let her be happy and celebrate for one day and send her to my office tomorrow at five and I'll start teaching her too.

THE NEXT DAY

There was dramatic music played by someone's knuckles on my office door when I answered a bit agitatedly, "Come in already dammit."

The door opened when my expressions calmed down and I relaxed a bit to see Evaline peeking her little head in. She was wearing a cute blue jumpsuit, had her hair in two pony tails and had her puffed up cheeks in the most confused expressions when she sighed, "Can I come in, teacher?"

I relaxed back in my seat and asked her, "Can you?"

She looked at me, "I asked you."

"I also asked you.................. can you?"

She squinted her eyes and pleaded, ready to cry at any minute for reasons I don't know, "Heo, can I come in?"

Since Evaline was a baby, she couldn't say hero and used to say heo to me instead of hero. So, from then on, my nickname for my Eva became heo.

"Can you, baby?"

She lost her cool, "What do you meannnnnnn?"

With her still standing at the door, I bent forward and placed both of my arms on the table, intertwining my hands together, "When asking for permission to enter a room, you don't say, 'can I?', you rather ask, 'may I?' because 'can' implies to your ability. When you asked 'can I come in', you were asking me for your own capability of coming inside that could you, did you have that much power in your legs to walk or not. 'May I' implies that you are seeking permission, so shall we try this again?"

Evaline had her mouth half open, her eyes half drooping when she just yawned and came inside closing the door behind, "I iz entero oops."

I chuckled and opened my arms when she ran to me, threw her books on the ground and jumped into my arms. Picking her up and cuddling her close, I rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head, "Eva?"

"Yesh?"

"Did you see your results, baby?"

She moved her butt excitedly, "They are amazing."

I just shook my head and chuckled, pulling her closer, "Yes, the other subjects are amazing, my girl did perfect in those and I am so proud of you because I know you worked hard for those grades. A child who doesn't study at all cannot score that and so, your heo is so damn proud of his girl for working hard day and night and scoring amazing grades. Not everyone can do that."