The unidentified bastard

ASHTON

Massimo and I were sitting at the round table in sitting area as we waited for our girls and their little replicas to finish their shopping. I wrapped my lips around the cigarette and intook an inhale when Massimo sighed, "It's been three hours of us waiting."

"I am aware." My voice came out heavy and gruff, which always happened when I smoked more than seven cigarettes at a time.

"Why are you so calm?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Tell them to come."

"Use your blessings bestowed by God and put them into practice."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Use your tongue to talk and convey the message across to them."

He formed his lips in a thin line and whined, "I am tireddddd."

"It was in the contract of marriage."

His eyes nearly bulged out, "I'm sorry, what? I didn't find any such clause there."

"It was never written."

"Then-"

I deadass looked at him, "You signed up for this the moment you decided to make her your girlfriend."

He let out a heavy sigh and slumped against his chair, "Still. It exhausts me."

I didn't reply as it was understandable.

We sat there in silence, when my eyes caught the most gorgeous site till date. My most little one came running to me when I immediately burnt out my cigarette and pushed the ashtray far away from her reach. She had the habit of snatching my cigarette away and throwing it in the bin herself. And since then, I stopped smoking near her, not because she used to stop me, but because the smell of cigarettes would be harmful for her.

She was three and a cute baby girl of mine with her features replicating 99% of mine with just the difference of her nose and lips. They looked like Sophia's. Yet, the rest? All me. She had the generous heart of Emma's, a giggle like Massimo's, a sweet tooth like that of Ella's and a temper tantrum issue like mine. For me? The perfect daughter.

She was the youngest of all the kids that Sophia and I had and hence, the most closest to my heart just because she was damn small as compared the the other kids of the house. An innocent Wall-E in front of a thousand Hulks. Yeah, I loved her like hell.

I extended my arms as she came running to me, a wide smile plastered on her face showing off her teeth, her hair flowing in the air and her soft and cute baby giggles filling the air when she crashed into my chest, knocking the wind out of my lungs. I let out a whoosh as I scooped up the mini dragon in my arms and kissed her hair repeatedly when she wrapped her arms strongly around my waist. I kept her close to me as I whispered, "Hey, spitfire."

She giggled and nuzzled her face in my neck as she became cozy in my arms, "Hi." Yes, she was a shy one. Just like Sof. Extremely extremely shy baby.

"What are you up to?"

"Tirey tirey."

I kissed her head again and cuddled her closer when I rubbed her back, "Go to sleep, I'll take care of you. Always."

She nodded and held out her pinky finger towards Massimo who skidded his seat closer and held her pinky in his. And with that, my little one drifted off to sleep, spreading calmness and purity wafting through my insides, as I just pulled her damn close to my heart, laying the side of my cheek on the top of her head for a little while as it calmed me damn down.