Chapter 21- She's The Love Of My Life

Dev's POV:

I pull up to Pihu's house just on time. Fortunately, she's not late today and is standing outside waiting for me. 

She sits down and waits for me to drive off. I look at her intently. 

I unbuckle my seatbelt and lean across to the passenger side. She freezes in her spot and her eyes go wide. 

God, I love teasing her. 

I take my hand towards her face but grab the seatbelt instead. I buckle the seat belt for her and settle back into my seat. 

I can see her smirk in her seat. 

"What'd you think I was doing Pihu?" I ask as I drive off. 

"Being a douche, and I was right." She rolls her eyes.

We both laugh as we make our way over to the office. 

Once we arrive, I take Pihu's hand in mine and go through the revolving main doors. "You nervous?" I ask her.

"Mmm, a little bit." She says pressing the elevator button. 

"Don't be. We aren't doing anything wrong." I assure her. 

We get out of the elevator on the 5th floor and make our way to Anisha's cabin. On our way in, we bump into DJ. 

"Sir aap yaha?" He asks confused. (Sir, you here?)

"Mujha Anisha se baat karni thi." I answer. (I needed to talk to Anisha.)

"No!" He stops me. "Woh ache mood mein nahi hai." (She's not in a good mood.)

I curse under my breath because talking to Anisha generally is hard enough but when she is in a bad mood, its worse. 

Pihu's grip on my hand tightens and I look up. 

I have to do this. For us. 

I knock on the door and walk in. 

"Hey Dev, hows is-" Anisha's greeting stops mid-sentence after seeing Pihu. 

"Good Morning Anisha," I say. 

"What is she doing here?" She points to Pihu. "Are you here to create new problems?" She rolls her eyes.

"No Anisha, I am the one who brought her here." I divert her gaze. "I need to tell you something."

"Look Dev, we will talk later. I don't have the patience right now to deal with whatever it is." Anisha complains as she sits down in her chair. 

As I am contemplating whether or not to tell Anisha, Pihu turns to the door. I grab her hand. "No this can't wait. Anisha, Pihu, and I are dating." I say all in one sentence. 

Anisha jumps out of her seat and scrunches her eyebrows. "You're kidding." 

"No, I am not. I was lying to you the other day as well. I am in love with Pihu and have been since the day I met her." I clarify. 

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" Anisha catches me off-guard. "How can you date her? So you're going to marry her? Is that the plan Dev?"

"I plan on it," I tell her.

"Nope. You two can't be together. Your career is fueled by your affairs. You can't settle down. I won't let you ruin everything for this mere girl!" She scowls at Pihu. 

I slam my hands on her desk. "That girl is my girlfriend and the love of my life. You can't talk to her like that!" I'm sure the whole office has heard me by now. 

Anisha looks at me offended. "Wow. This is how it is? For her, did you forget your PR manager? Don't forget everything I do for you Dev."

I'm getting agitated now. "Don't forget I pay you. You are not the boss of me. I thought I would let you know who I date so that you don't find out from a third party. If you can't be happy for me then stay away from my personal life." I warn her. 

"Anisha ma'am, Dev really does appreciate you a lot," Pihu says stepping up. 

Anisha doesn't say anything and just shakes her head. I lead Pihu out of the cabin. 

Outside we see that all the workers have heard what happened. They all look at us with concerned eyes. 

As I lead Pihu back to the elevator, one of the media interns comes up to us. 

"Sir, you were just amazing in there. Almost like a movie." He says

Me and Pihu give each other a glance and burst out laughing. 

Another employee approaches us. "I am so happy for you 2!" She says. 

"Pihu ma'am is the best! She makes amazing pakoras." Another employee chimes in. 

I can't help but smile as everyone crowds around us and start congratulating us. I take Pihu's hand in mine and whisk her away. I don't let go until I drop her off at home after a quick lunch. 

This hand is mine to hold forever. 

Precap: Dev visits Dheeraj. 

Double update today!

Sorry for the shorter chapter, had to get this plotline finished. 

What do you think will happen next?

Please share, save, and comment! 

Help us get to 2k reads!!

-💙