Chapter 12- Party Prep

Pihu's POV:

I've been rushing around all day trying to stay on top of everything. After word got out that Dev Kapoor's girlfriend is an event planner, Amraj and Co. has been bombarded with work. 

Currently, we are planning a party for Raj Kohli's birthday (aka Shanaya's dad). I honestly didn't think we'd be able to pull it off, but Dev hired me some extra staff and gave me DJ so that I could have some additional hands.

I'm walking over to check on the table arrangements when I hear Shraddha scream.

"IDIOT! How could this happen??"

I quickly run over to where she is and see her and DJ crowded over a crate of flowers. "What happened?" I ask.

"This stupid DJ happened. God, I can't tell if he's here to help or ruin the party." She points her finger at him. 

"I'm sure it's not that big. What happened?" I ask reluctantly. 

"This!" She points to the crate. "These are poppies! We specifically ordered red tulips because they were Mr. Kohli's favorite flower and this dumbhead got poppies!"

I glance over at DJ, poor guy looks like he's about to faint any minute. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know there were that many kinds of red flowers. So I just chose any of them." He says in the tiniest voice possible. 

I sigh. "I know you didn't do it on purpose, but now you've increased our workload."

"Honestly who made you a secretary if you can't listen to directions well?" 

God Shraddha's going to make him cry. 

"Why don't we just use the poppies instead of the tulips? They still go with the decor since they are similar in color." DJ suggests motioning to the decoration that is already half set up. 

"Are you kidding me-"

Before Shraddha has a chance to yell at DJ more, I intervene. "Actually you are right! We can make this work, Mr. Kohli is turning 60 right? Poppies symbolize remembrance and hope. We can decorate using poppies by utilizing that meaning."

It's a shot in the dark but I hope Sharddha likes it. "I guess we have to work with what we have." She reluctantly says. "But you, stay out of my way and no more mistakes or I swear to go I will make your life hell." She points to DJ as he hurries off. 

"Shraddha, you're being mean to the poor guy. He only made a mistake." I try to reason with my best friend.

"Only a mistake? In the 1 month you've known him, he's managed to mess up more 3 times!" She says. "He forgets to pack the right stuff for picnics, messes up RSVPs, forgets to send you a car to pick you up, and can't pick out the right flowers. God, he's a total loser."

I just roll my eyes and laugh, because if Shraddha Patel has made a judgment about someone, not even god himself can change her mind. 

5 Hours Later

The whole team has been working nonstop all day and the venue is finally looking good. Only some final touches are left but they are getting wrapped up by the workers.

As I'm getting down from the ladder after changing a broken light bulb, my foot slides and I trip off the ladder. Expecting a hard impact, I close my eyes. But I land in rather strong arms. 

"See I am your savior." A familiar voice says to me.

I open my eyes and can't help but smile as I see Dev before me. "I don't need saving" I frown.

"Really? Should I let you go then?" He smirks. 

As much as I want to stay in his arms forever, I nod yes and he puts me down to my feet. I take a big yawn as I'm cracking my back. 

"So you've managed to overwork yourself?" He says disappointed.

"I had to get this party done right. The client is very important to my boyfriend." I snicker

"I could care less. If the work makes you this tired, no client is worth it." He takes my hand and drags me to the couch in the hall. 

"What are you doing? I need to finish my work Dev." I complain.

"Shhhh," He says as he makes me face away from him and his hands reach my neck. 

His hands start circling in different motions from my neck to my lower back. The different amounts of pressure feel surreal and I can feel my muscles loosen up. As Dev's hands work on me, I lose all my senses and sink my back into him. My soul leaves my body and I let out a soft moan. 

Omg! I'm back into reality and I let out a gasp. 

Behind me, I hear Dev laughing. "Please tell me no one heard that." I say turning to face him. 

"I think everybody stopped what they were doing and looked here." He says with a full smile. 

"Omg. Omg. Please I can't believe that happened."

"Relax Pihu, no one heard it. Plus your moans are reserved for me only." He winks.

That last phrase makes my whole face turn red. I bury my face into Dev's chest and he holds me tight with his hands. 

I know I have 99 things to go get up and do but they can all wait. I'm in my most favorite place ever: Dev's arms. 

Precap: Raj Kohli's party goes south! Will Pihu be able to save it?

I hope you guys are enjoying it! Let me know in the comments.

-💙