1- The Night It All Went Wrong

Pihu's POV

24 hours.

That's how long I have to get everything right. 

When Vyom Gupta came to my office and asked for a movie release party to be organized by my team, there was no way I was going to say no. But the only catch was that I had to do it all within the next day. I'd be crazy to say no. I took the offer immediately, doing this party right would mean putting a good word out there in high society for me. And right now, Amraj & Co needed just that little push. 

"Pihu, I'm getting nervous now. How are we supposed to pull all of this off so quickly" Shraddha Patel my BFF coworker nervously said. 

"When there's a will, there's a way. Now come on get working" I reply

She grabs her phone and goes out to talk to the vendors. Shraddha is the more outgoing of us and she handles all the phone calls. She has the power to argue and bargain when needed. I, on the other hand, focus on decorating. As I reach for the box containing the extra lighting, I realize it's empty.

"Yeh box khali kyu hai?" I ask around. (Why is this box empty)

"Maam, light wale keh ke gaya hai ke woh light der se dega" A worker hanging flowers responds. (The lights person said he will give the lights later)

My panic immediately sets in. I run over to where Shraddha is sitting in annoyance. "Where are these lights? How can we have a movie premier without lights? What will we do?"

"Behen thodi saas leh le. He will have them ready by tonight, we can put them up tomorrow" She explains, putting a hand on my shoulder. (Sis take a breather)

Letting the information sink in, I respond with enthusiasm. "Well, then we can just pull an all-nighter and put the lights on tonight. You know we have too much work in the morning" 

Shraddha frowns at me. "Workers won't stay all night Pihu. They also have a family to get home to." 

Realizing she's right, I sigh in defeat. She's right, I won't make the workers stay their over time because of a vendor error. But I also know that there won't be enough time tomorrow to put up all these lights. 

A premier party without lights will be named flop. 

I will not let my party flop. I am Priyanka Kaur and there's nothing in this world I can't do.              

5 hours later.

The lights came in an hour after the workers left. I found myself a ladder and got to work on them. I'm hanging some lights on the tree in the garden when I hear the front gate screech.

"Kon hai?" I call out. (Who is it)

I get no response. Thinking it's the wind, I resume back to my work. But I hear more noise, footsteps this time. "Kon hai waha? Chale jao warna police ane se phele tumhari band baja dungi." I say a little louder this time. (Who is there? Get out or I will beat you up before the police even get here)

Again there is no response. I get down from the ladder and grab the scissors nearby. Cautiously, I make my way to the gate. Phone in hand ready to dial the police, I turn the corner to see who this intruder is. 

"4 baaj gaye, lekin party abhi.." He says in slurred speech. (It's 4 o'clock but the party..)

My eyes go wide and my mind goes blank with shock. Because standing in front of me is none other than DEV KAPOOR!

PRECAP: Pihu tries to get Dev to leave but he pays no attention to her and insists on going inside. Because he is fully wasted, Pihu has to carry him inside.

ps. please don't be a silent reader throughout the story. Feel free to leave comments! I enjoy reading and replying to them <3