Chapter 11- Compatibility Test

Dev's POV: 

I take one last look around my house. I fix the pillows for the 100th time and make sure everything looks perfect. 

Pihu's coming to my house today. 

It's the first time we are hanging out since the party. The party that changed my life. 

If I'm being honest, I never expected Pihu to kiss me. I just never took her to be that kind. But my Pihu managed to surprise me. 

I have spent all day cleaning and perfecting the house and now I'm pacing back and forth waiting for her to arrive. 

After what feels like forever the doorbell rings and I run to open it. "Wow, you're only 20 minutes late today Ms. Priyanka Kaur." I joke with her.

"Listen I can still turn around and go back okay?" She says pointing to her car.

Before she can change her mind, I take her by the wrist and drag her in, closing the door behind us. "Not a chance. It feels like I haven't seen you in forever." I frame her face with my hands. 

"You saw me 2 days ago Dev!" She says rolling her eyes. She moves my hands away from her face and walks into the living room. "Wow, your house is huge! Give me a tour."

I give her a quick tour and make her some coffee as we sit down on my couch. She sits there drinking in silence.

"So are we going to talk about it?" I ask

"Talk about what?"

"About what happened at the party.." I raise my eyebrow.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She forms a huge smile on her face.

I scoot closer to her and rest my palms on her shoulder. The vanilla and citrus scent hits my nose and my heart expands. "If you forgot, I can help you remember. Maybe deja vu will help." My lips twitch with a grin.

Her smile immediately drops and her breathing gets hitched. "I... I know you're talking about our kiss. No need to remind me." 

I can't help but laugh. "You know you're a bad actor, you should take lessons from me!"

"Ha-ha."

"So... should we talk about it?" I ask taking away my hands. 

She grabs my hands and pulls them close. "Listen, Dev, I don't want to force nor rush you into all of this. We've never talked about this and honestly, up until 2 days ago, we've just hated each other. I mean, I don't know if what you did at the party was just in the moment or for the show. I think we need time if this was true to get to know each other. To make sure you really want this." 

I squint my eyes in confusion. "Listen to me Pihu, there hasn't been a day in the past week where I haven't thought about you. Your comfort, smile, and warmth makes my heart pull in different directions. Whatever makes you sad, I want to take it and rip it into shreds. And that scent. That damn sent makes the butterflies in my stomach jolt. I don't need time, because if it was up to me I'd take you right now and mark you mine. But you deserve more, you deserve security and sureness. And so if you want, we can take things slow. Let's talk, let's learn more about each other and slowly fall more in love."

Pihu's eyes glimmer. She lets go of my hands and wraps me in a warm hug. I hold on to her like I never want to let go. 

"Okay, let's talk, tell me about baby Dev." She asks pulling away from me. 

And I do exactly that. I have never spilled my heart out to anyone before, but Pihu makes me want to confide in her. 

I tell her everything, from childhood me wanting to become a teacher like my parents to my discovery of acting and how I left home to become one. I tell her about finding Vyom in a dorm and how Anisha took me in when most agencies rejected me. 

In return, she also tells me everything. The activities she loves to do with Nidha and Shraddha, and how although her parents support her they live in constant fear of society. She tells me about the trips she's taken and how she and Shraddha built AMRAJ and Co from the ground up. 

We talk nonstop for the next 3 hours. 

"Hmm, so I think we are about 80% compatible." Pihu says with a grin.

"80%! That's basically failure. How did we lose points." I asked alarmed

"Well most of the things were fine but I don't think I can forgive someone who hasn't watched all the Harry Potter movies." She says rolling her eyes.

"Hey not everyone had a mega crush on your Harry okay? Some of us had better things to do."

"I will not tolerate Harry slander! Look at this hottie." She says reaching for her phone. 

"The hottest man in the world is sitting in front of you and you're looking at your phone?" I smirk at her. 

"Omg Dev! It's already 8 pm! I have to get home, it's already getting dark."

I take a look at my watch. Wow, time flies by so quickly with her. 

I walk her to her car and give her a hug. Although I don't want to let go, I do and open the door for her. 

"Listen Pihu, I'll do anything to make that 80% into 100%. Even binge the Harry Potter movies for you." I say closing her door. 

A huge grin forms on her face and she slowly pulls outta my driveway. 

I go inside and stream Harry Potter all night long because, for Pihu, I'll do anything. :)

Precap: Pihu, Shraddha & DJ plan an event. Dev helps Pihu relieve some stress. 😉

You guys I'm in love with them!

Comment your thoughts.

-💙