2- Breaking News

Pihu POV

"Are you a ghost?" Dev questions, breaking my train of thought. I have no clue what he is doing here but he is visibly drunk.

"Aap yaha se jaiye please." I beg. I have a shit ton of work to finish and this man isn't supposed to be here. (Please go from here.)

"Yeh bhoot hindi bolta hai?" He raises his eyebrows. (This ghost speaks hindi?)

"No, I-" I try to explain

"I know people like you very well. You break into rich people's homes and try to steal from them."

"EXCUSE ME! I am nothing of the sort, I am a reputable party planner." I respond offended. How could he accuse me of being a petty thief. "Get out please."

"Toh phir tum yaha kya kar rahi ho? Let me guess, you lost your way and ended up here?" He manages to simultaneously sound sarcastic and insulting at the same time. (Then what are you doing here?)

"I'm planning a surprise party.." Before I can finish that sentence, I realize I can't tell him the truth. The party is supposed to be a surprise for him, how can I tell him and ruin Vyom sir's surprise. Contemplating what to say, I pause to think.

"Look you're misunderstanding-" I am talking to a gate. He's not even there. In my peripheral vision, I see him moving to the front door. "You can't go inside! Please just go home."

"Yeh ghar mera hai, mein jo bhi karu tumhe kya?" He raises his eyebrow (This is my house, I can do whatever I want.)

He dismisses all my warnings and heads inside. I have better things to do than babysit Dev Kapoor. So I head back to the lawn and finish up my decorating.

1 Hour Later

Packing up my stuff to head home, I realize the house has been awfully quiet. My overthinking takes over again. What if he passed out and hit his head somewhere? He was so drunk, what if he threw up and made a mess? What if he drowned in the bathtub?

Unable to calm myself down, I tiptoe into the house. It's a big villa, it takes me minutes to search for Dev. I find him on the sofa facing the pool. "Mein jaa rahi hu, aapna ghar tumhe mubaarak ho." I call out (I am going, enjoy your house)

No response. WHAT IF HE'S ACTUALLY DEAD?

I go closer and see that he is dead asleep on the couch. God this man is such a slop, he sleeps with his watch and shoes on. For the sake of the white couch and the price of the watch, I go and start removing them.

It's while I'm trying to remove the watch that he suddenly grabs my hand.

"I missed you." He stirs in his sleep.

I'm paralyzed frozen. I stay still, not wanting to wake up Mr. Khadoos (snob). After a while, my feet and back start hurting from being up for the past 16 hours and so I sit on the couch.

I'll just wait here until he lets go...

Dev's POV

The sun hit my face like a slap. Damn, where the hell are my curtains. I wake up and realize I'm not in my room. God, I must've gotten mad drunk and slept over at the girl from the pub's house.

A waft of citrus and vanilla hit my nose. Finding the source of this pleasant smell, I see a girl snuggled next to me.

Shit! I realize I'm currently at my villa. I don't bring girls home usually because once they find out who I am, they get clingy. Anisha usually has to deal with them. Trying to get up from the couch, I accidentally lose my balance and knock her down.

The impact of her fall manages to wake her up and she looks around confused. Finally focusing on my face, her eyes go wide.

Oh no, I think she recognized me.

"Shit!" we both say in unison.

Precap: After some heated words, Pihu and Dev go home. They both realize that THEY are the breaking news in today's news.