Chapter 15- Pasta With A Side of Marriage

Dev's POV:

It's been 2 days since the party and me and Pihu have met up for lunch. 

I look up from my plate and see that she has barely touched her food and is just playing around with it on her plate. 

"What happened, I thought you liked pasta?" I ask

"Hm no I do like it." She says without looking up.

"Is it not nice? Should I call the waiter?" I ask confused.

"No, don't get them annoyed. It's good." She says not very reassuringly. 

Now I'm worried. I grab her hand and make eye contact with her. "Tell me what's wrong Pihu."

"Nothing's wrong."

I scoot out of my chair and pull hers closer to mine until our knees are touching.

"Was it the party? Must've been very stressful but know that I'm very proud of you." I say holding both her hands and grazing my thumb on the back of them. 

She finally looks up and gives me a smile. "Thank you. I'm fine don't worry."

I take my fork and load it up before offering her a bite. We spend the rest of the lunch like this, talking and feeding each other. 

I'm driving her back home when she turns towards me. 

"Dev?" She asks.

"Yes my Pihu?"

"Do you like me?" She asks in a small voice. 

"Of course, I like you, stupid. In fact, I'm obsessed with you!" I laugh and put my free hand on her thigh. 

"How many girlfriends have you had?" 

"Not many. Definitely, not many that I've been obsessed with like you." I say unsure of how to respond. 

She lets out a sigh and turns to the front. 

I move my hand from her thigh and interlace my fingers with hers. 

"Look Pihu, I've been with many girls, and many of them have liked me but I've never been with someone like you. You give me happiness. I've already told you how obsessed I am with you but I want you to know that you don't even come close to any of the girls I've been with. You are very important to me. Now please look back at me or else I will start looking at you and we will crash." 

This finally manages to get a laugh out of her and she looks up. "No please, I want to get home in one piece. Plus I think Anisha will kill me if I ruin this perfect face." 

I let out a chuckle and continue driving. 

"Dev have you ever thought about getting married?" She starts again with her questions. 

The smile on my face drops and I let go of her hands to hold the steering. 

"Marriage? Where did that come from?" I ask 

"Well, it's been a thing a while now, and it's what most people your age do" She giggles.

"But I don't want to do it." I shrug.

She scrunches her eyebrows. "Never?"

"At least not for the next 10 years." I laugh 

"Why do you want to become a billionaire first?" 

I let out a big laugh. "I already am baby." She looks on expecting more. "But I feel like marriage is draining. Once you get married, you're expected to have a baby, then another one, and then you have to slave away making sure that kid gets perfect life. Whatever even is a perfect life. It's too much."

She presses her lips together and nods. "Hmm. But marriage also brings 2 people in love together."

"But what's the need? Why do I need to put it on paper that I love you? Marriage comes with too many expectations that are hard to live up to."

"I see" Is all she says in response. 

"Why do you ask Pihu? Do you want to get married?" I turn to her.

"I don't know. Just wondering." Is all she says as she turns her head to look out the window. 

I can't help but wonder where all her questions were coming from or why she seems down. But I hold back on asking questions of my own as I figure she must be tired. 

I put my hand on her thigh once again and drive on. 

I don't need to ask my questions right now. I have my whole future with her. 

Precap: Anisha gets mad at Dev. Pihu visits Dev's office. 

Surprise 2nd chapter for today!

-💙