Chapter 23-Engaged To Douchey Dev

Authors POV:

After the stunning proposal, Pihu and Dev leave the theater. 

They meet up with their friends at Dev's house.

"AHHHH! I can't believe you're getting married Di!" Nidha screams as soon as Pihu enters. 

"Congratulations Pihu." Shraddha smiles. They give the lovely couple some warm hugs and make their way over to the living room. 

"Thank you, guys! So glad that you're here." Pihu thanks them all. 

"Aj se you're my bhabhi" Vyom nudges Pihu's shoulder. (From today you're my sister-in-law.)

"Please no! You're older than me Vyom. If you call me bhabhi then I will call you bhai." Pihu warns him. 

"Ok bhabhi" Vyom teases Pihu. 

Everyone laughs as they settle down in the living room. Pihu cuddles with Dev and the rest of the friends tell stories about Dev and Pihu's childhood. 

Suddenly there's a knock on the door and DJ walks in with a cake. "Congratulations Dev sir and Pihu ma'am," He says. 

"Thanks to you too DJ" Dev winks at him. 

Pihu raises her eyebrows in suspicion. "Wait a minute...Did you fool me, DJ?" She interrogates him. 

"I...I.." DJ tries to talk. 

"There was no movie premiere! You didn't forget to tell me!" Pihu exclaims. "I could've had more time to get ready!" She bursts at DJ.

"I'm sorry! I only did what Dev sir told me to do" DJ says defensively.

Pihu turns and pouts at Dev. Everyone around them giggles and Dev puts his arm around Pihu. "You looked breathtaking with an hour to get ready, can you imagine how deadly you would've looked if you took longer? I would've passed away." He whispers in Pihu's ear. 

Before Pihu can retaliate, Vyom interrupts the love birds. "So when is your engagement party?" He asks.

Pihu shrugs her shoulders and looks at Dev. 

"Pihu you have to have an engagement party! Don't rob me of the chance of planning it!" Shraddha backs up Vyom.

The couple goes into deep thought. "I don't know... I have to go to Dubai next week for an AD shoot" Dev says. 

"How about this Saturday?" Nidha questions.

"SATURDAY? That's 5 days from now! How is that possible?" Pihu panics. 

"You don't worry about that. Amraj and CO. have that handled. You just give us a couple of inspirational pictures." Shraddha assures them. 

Everybody gets to work and starts planning for Pihu and Dev's engagement party. 

It seems like a challenging task to do in such a short amount of time but nothing is impossible for the sake of love. 

As Saturday comes closer, everything starts to fall into place. The decorations are ordered, the venue is set and the clothes are tailored. 

This is going to be a magical day. 

--------------------------------------------

Nidha, Shraddha, Vyom, and DJ are all running around getting last-minute changes into place. 

"Shraddha, check up on bhabhi. The guests are starting to arrive." Vyom talks into his walkie-talkie. 

Shraddha walks upstairs and knocks on the door before entering the room.