Chapter 19- Second Chance

Pihu's POV:

I look up as Nidha and Shraddha walk into my room with a box of cupcakes. 

Every night since my break up, they come over with food and we watch k'dramas together. One day its ice cream, another day it's chips and the next it'll be chocolate. Only the good stuff keeps us full during those long k'dramas. 

God, I'm so lucky to have them. 

"Don't look at me like that or I will fall in love with you." Shraddha jokes as she makes her way to my bed. 

I wrap her in a tight hug and laugh. "As if you're not already in love with me." 

We talk, watch, and gossip all night.

As it's time for them to leave, I walk them to the door. 

As I turn to leave, I hear Nidha gasp. "You!" 

Alarmed I grab the slipper nearest to me and charge at the gate, determined to protect my best friends. 

"Priyanka!" A figure jumps out and I launch the slipper at it. 

Shraddha turns on her phone flashlight. This mysterious figure illuminates into Vyom Gupta. 

"Vyom? What are you doing here?" I ask confused. 

"Um, I needed to talk but I didn't want to go up to your door at night." He says scratching the back of his head. 

"So you decide to stalk our house like that?" Nidha interrogates him. 

"No kiddo, I knew she'd come out eventually, so I was waiting." He points to his car.

"What a horrible idea, your brain must not work 'cause you're old," Nidha says in response. 

Before those 2 can start WWIII, I put my hands between them. "Enough. Why are you here Vyom?" 

"So umm..." He looks around from Nidha to Shraddha. 

"Go on, there are no secrets between us," I say.

"Don't worry, we won't be surprised about your best friend deceiving Pihu" Shraddha smirks. 

"No! That's exactly what I want to talk to you about. I know, actually, he knows... Wait no what I am trying to say is that we found out that you were there that day and heard Dev talking to Anisha." 

Before Vyom can explain further, I put my hand up. " Talking to Anisha? He was insulting me! I don't want to talk about that, we have ended our contract. It's over."

I turn around to head back in. 

"No wait! I don't want you to regret it. Dev was lying to Anisha!" He says trying to stop me. 

I stop in my tracks and turn around. "And I'm supposed to believe that?" 

He knows what I mean and begins explaining more. "He had to lie to Anisha because she was really agitated from all the stress of the film. He just said it to get her off his back."

I look on in silence. I can't decide whether he is telling the truth or if this is another one of his lies. 

"What great effort he put in to win you back Pihu! He sent his jobless best friend." Shraddha says breaking the silence. 

Nidha walks over closer to me and holds my hand. She scowls at Vyom which I think genuinely scares him.

"Please you're getting it wrong. He wanted to come, but he thought it would be wrong for him to show up at your house like this." 

I look on at Vyom. His face looks genuine but then again his best friend is an actor. 

Fool me three times, still shame on me. 

I look at Nidha and Shraddha. "Bacha, go home with Shraddha and Vyom you go home or wherever you want." I turn to leave.

"Wait, let me say a last thing!" He pleads. 

I don't turn around but stop because my curiosity gets the best of me. 

"Dev was really heartbroken after you broke up with him. He really wants a second chance with you. Tomorrow, at 11 am he will be waiting for you at the villa. The one where you met him for the first time. If you forgive him, or even just want to let him present his case, just meet him there. Please believe me when I say Dev loves you a lot."

I don't wait for him to say more and close the door behind me. 

One by one I hear the cars leave. 

Dev's POV:

My legs shake as I sit on the couch. 

The couch where I first met Pihu. Well, I guess I actually met her at the gate but the couch is where I first met her in my senses. The same place where that citrus and vanilla scent took my life into a storm. 

A happy storm. 

I take deep breaths, pacing back and forth. I check myself out in the mirror every 5 minutes. 

I don't know if she will come. 

When I sent Vyom there yesterday, I thought I was going to die of a heart attack. 

What if she doesn't listen to him? What if she doesn't believe him?

The questions circled my head until he came home. He said he told Pihu the truth and she didn't say much. He said he told her to meet me at the villa but she just went back to her house. 

Honestly, it didn't phase me. Yes, I was worried but it sounded so much like my Pihu to think about a decision overnight. 

I again take a round of the villa making sure everything is fine and glance at my watch. 11:45, she's probably running late. 

By the time it is 2 pm, my feet are tired from the pacing. I don't have the energy left to do a loop of the house. 

Maybe, she's not going to come. After hearing all the things I said, I don't think she wants to see me again. 

I turn off all the lights and grab my keys to leave. 

As I'm opening the door, a waft of citrus and vanilla hits my nose. 

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. The scent sets off alarms in my brain indicating its owner. 

When I open my eyes, standing in front of me is the love of my life. 

None other than, Priyanka Kaur. 

Precap: Pihu and Dev talk. Will they get back together?

Let me know what you think of the chapter!

-💙