5- First Date

Pihu's POV:

A few days later.

I'm sitting at the cafe waiting for Dev to grace me with his presence. Ever since the first meeting, we haven't really talked to each other. Anisha sends me updates here and there but they are usually short and not very sweet. 

Today he messaged me. He sent me an address of a cafe and wrote "Dress nicely as if we are on a romantic date. 2 pm." 

He's such a jerk. Not even the decency to say "hi" or "hello".

I'm flipping through the menu when I see him and a herd of reporters making their way through the cafe parking lot.

He makes his way inside and immediately finds my table. He smiles in my general direction and gives me a kiss on my cheek before sitting down.

"What the hell was that?" I say shocked.

"What else do you think couples do when they see each other?" He raises his eyebrow. "I have to put on a show for the cameras out there."

"Don't ever touch me without asking again." I say smilingly, making sure the camera sees it.

The next half hour goes by pretty smoothly, we make small conversations in order to seem like we are having a good time. 

"What's your favorite color?" He asks me

"Green because it symbolizes-" I try to respond.

"Mine would probably be blue. It's a very classy color. You know what I mean?"

"Mhm"

After a while, silence fills our table and we drink our coffee quietly.

Random thoughts fill my head. God the light blue suit really brings out his hazelnut eyes. 

Realizing how awkward this looks to the paparazzi standing outside, I smile and put my hand under my chin. "So why did you become an actor?"

"Aur kya banta?" he says bluntly (What else would I become?)

"Har kisi ki wajah hoti hai. Tumhari kya thi?" (Everyone has a reason, what was yours?)

He looks surprised at my question. "There were too many reasons not to be an actor. So I decided to do exactly that."

Something about the way he says that makes it seem like he's alluding to a past. It seems like an interesting story. "Your mom must be so happy you're a superstar."

Like the speed of a race car, his face is back to normal and he points at the table. "Tumhara ho gaya hai, ya phir pura menu mangana hai? Mujhe aur bhi kaam hai." (Are you done here or do you need me to order the whole entire menu? I have other things to do.)

God this guy's mood changes like a pregnant lady. We get the food packed and start to head out. 

The group of reporters has now gotten bigger and they are all screaming different questions our way. 

"Sir, won't you introduce us to ma'am?" "How long have you 2 been together?" "How long will you 2 stay together?" 

We move past them, looking down through the parking lot. A reporter is about to push me when Dev puts his hand in front of me to stop the collision. 

All these lights and yelling are making me very nervous. He must notice that because he takes my hand and walks me to the taxi. 

As I'm sitting down, he puts his hand around my fingers. "Listen, I have shooting at the beach on Friday, you will come and visit na?"

"I have a client meeting on Friday." I lie

The words don't seem to even reach his ear. "Be there after lunch!" And with that, he's headed to his car and so are the reporters. 

As my taxi drives off, I see him make a sharp turn to the restaurant. Through the back window, I see him give our packed food to a group of kids who were cleaning cars. 

I can't help but grin. 

"Dekha ma'am, saab bohot ache hai." The taxi driver says as if he read my face. (See ma'am, sir is so kind)

"Hmm" I respond.

The thing is, the great Dev Kapoor is such a good actor that you don't know if you just witnessed his kindness or his talent. 

Precap: Pihu visits Dev's set where she runs into Dev's ex-fling.