4- Deal or No Deal

Dev's Pov:

Nervously pacing the room, I glance down at my watch. It's already 10:30 am and the driver has not yet returned with that girl.

That girl. 

After an excruciating phone call with Vyom, I learned that her name is Priyanka Kaur. She in fact was not a random girl from the club, but a party planner that was organizing a party for my new movie. 

I make eye contact with Anisha, who raises her eyebrow at me. "Sit down Dev. It is not us who should be nervous, it's the one coming who should be nervous." She says commandingly.

"I know but I can't help but think about all those news articles. They were really mean Anisha." I reply.

Before Anisha has a chance to scold me for feeling scared, the door opens and the same waft of citrus and vanilla hits my nose. A wave of guilt hits my shoulders. The events from the morning flood my brain. But then again, this all is also her fault. Knowing who I was, why did she sleep with me on that couch?

"What kind of behavior is this?" She immediately walks to me. "Is this a way to call me? All you said was 'get in the car outside your house'. What kind of decency is this?" 

"Well, Ms. Kaur, if you got here on time and sat down respectfully, we would have explained everything to you." Anisha talks from the head of the conference table. She motions to the chair next to her. "Have a seat."

"Respect is only given when received." Priyanka replies looking directly at me. She pulls the chair across from Anisha and sits at the other head of the table. 

"I can already tell she's going to be a handful." Anisha murmurs to me. "So Ms. Kaur, we are here to solve this scandal that you have created. I would like you to formally apologize to us in public. Also, state that Dev has nothing to do with you and you were just starstruck by him."

I glance over at Anisha. When she said she had a perfect solution, I was not expecting this. 

"I would never do that!" Priyanka is up from her seat.

"Well, you have no choice."

"I am not doing anything of that kind. Imagine how my family would feel."

"Well, this should've been thought about before you had your "sleepover" Ms. Kaur." Anisha smirks.

"Well, I am not the only one involved here. Taali do haath se bajti hai. Actually haath mera, Dev ne pakad ke rakha tha." She points at me. (It takes 2 to tango. Dev is the one who held my hand.)

Anisha looks over at me to confirm this. I close my eye. I was too drunk to remember what exactly happened but that doesn't seem impossible. 

Anisha receiving my message continues her conversation. "Well unless there is another solution. You will have to do this, Ms. Kaur. We can give you a hefty sum."

The 2 ladies bicker non-stop for the next couple of minutes. I sit there watching in silence. Suddenly a light bulb goes off in my head.

"Start dating me!" I exclaim at Priyanka.

She looks at me confused, shocked, and angry all at the same time. 

"Are you joking? I'm not one of your fan girls who would jump at that offer."

"No no, you would'nt date me for real. Just until my movie releases in about 2-3 months. After that, we can mutually break up and go our own ways. We can convince the public with some cheesy love story." I explain.

"What Dev is saying, could work but both of you need to be extra careful at all times and be convincing. I know Dev's an actor but will you be able to pull this off Ms. Kaur?" Anisha questions Priyanka.

"Theres not a thing in this world I can't do. If it will quiet down the news, I will happily do this." She says extending her hand. 

I nod my head and Anisha starts typing out an agreement. Placing my hand in hers, "It will be a pleasure pretending to be your boyfriend Ms. Priyanka Kaur." I reply.

"I wish I could say the same." She says smiling.

God this is going to be a long couple of months.

Precap: Dev and Pihu go on their first public outing as a couple.