Chapter 13- What Could Go Wrong

Pihu's POV:

Today is the day for Mr. Kohli's party.

God, I'm so nervous that I'm fidgeting with everything around me. 

Shraddha is overlooking all the last-minute things while I am waiting at the entrance for Mr. Kohli and his family to arrive. 

A couple of minutes later, 3 cars pull up at the parking of the venue. 

"They're here! They're here! That car is Mr. and Ms. Kohli, that one is Shanaya, and that one is Dev sir's." DJ says pointing to all the cars. 

I couldn't be more thankful for Dev right now. My man promised he would be here when Mr. Kohli arrived and he kept his promise. 

Putting my game face on, I approach them. "Welcome, Mr. Kohli! I wish you a very happy birthday." I can't believe I'm talking to one of the biggest producers in the film industry. 

"Thank you, darling." He smiles. "Toh woh tum ho?" (So it's you?)

Before I can answer, Shanaya cuts in. "Ji dad, yeh hi hai Dev ki girlfriend aur saath mein choti moti party planner bhi hai." She says rolling her eyes. (Yes Dad, she is Dev's girlfriend and also a small party planner."

Dev lets out a sigh of defeat but I extend my hand to Mr. Kohli. "Haan ji. I am Priyanka Kaur, co-owner of the very successful Amraj and Co." (Yes sir.)

Dev grins from ear to ear and puts his hand on Mr. Kohli's shoulder. "Come sir, hum party dehkte hai." (Let's see the party)

Shanaya pushes past me and we all walk into the venue. I introduce Mr. and Ms. Kohli to Shraddha and we show them around. 

After the tour, Mr. Kohli turns to me. "Kehna padenga, bohot badhiya decoration kiya hai tumne Priyanka beta." (I have to say, you've done an amazing job.)

I can't help but grin as I thank him. "Thank you, it was a pleasure planning this party sir."

"Aakhir girlfriend kis ki hai." Dev says and we all start laughing. (After all, she's my girlfriend)

Soon other guests start coming in and the party gets started. 

I'm running back and forth making sure messes are getting cleaned up, starters are getting delivered and drinks are getting served. 

"Maam! Maam! There is an emergency by the main gate!" A waiter runs up to me. 

My eyebrows scrunch in worry as I run to the entrance. 

Upon getting there, I see a group of people standing by the door. 

"What's wrong?" I ask the staff. 

"Maam, about 15 extra guests showed up. We don't have seating for them." 

"Why don't we get some from the storeroom?" I ask hoping this isn't a solution they've tried. 

"No ma'am, there's no more. What should I do?" She asks worryingly

"Don't worry, I'll do something" I say heading back inside. 

I look around and see that most of the guests are sitting and talking with their friends. God, I can't turn down Mr. Kohli's guests but there is not nearly enough seating for them and we can't have standing guests at a party of this caliber. 

Suddenly a lightbulb goes off in my head. I make my way to the dance floor and take a mic. "Ladies and gents, thank you so much for coming together to celebrate Mr. Raj Kohli's 60th birthday." I pause. "But we can't celebrate such a lively man's birthday this quietly! Come on everybody please get together on the dance floor and dance."

I look around but no one moves from their seat. Getting anxious, I go over to the DJ and tell him to play my song, I then make my way over to Dev and extend my hand. 

"Will dance with me, Dev Kapoor?" I ask. 

"I thought you'd never ask." He grins and makes his way onto the dance floor with me. 

I'm nervous about how stupid we will look dancing uncoordinated but Dev takes my hand and smiles. 

As we dance, I'm completely mesmerized by the handsome hunk dancing with me. We dance effortlessly as if we are one even though we never practiced.

As we finish, Dev lifts me, and we hear the crowd cheer. Soon everyone is making their way to the dance floor. 

The buffet opens up and some people go eat, while others dance and everyone has a place to be. 

As I leave the dance circle, I can't help but look on at Dev. 

The man who single-handedly saved my party. 

The man who protected my company from getting humiliated.

The man I think I am falling in love with. 

Precap: Pihu's parents worry about her relationship. 

The video is supposed to be how I imagine Pihu and Dev impromptu dancing. You can even hear the "crowd" cheering. 😉

Let me know in the comments if you enjoyed!

-💙