Chapter 26: Beach Of My Dreams

Pihu's POV:

The party bus stops and everyone gets off. I take a look around and I am left awestruck by the view. 

"How is it?" Dev nudges me on the shoulder and asks. 

I think back to the time when we were choosing venues for the wedding. We wanted a place outside of the city because it's hard to get married with all the paparazzi, but we also wanted to be somewhere in India. 

After visiting and checking out so many venues, we finally settled on this resort. It was a small hotel right by the beach and had an amazing view. 

"Dev it's perfect! I can't wait to get married!" I tell him excitedly. 

He raises his eyebrow and smirks. "Wow, I'm flattered that you can't wait to get married to me!" 

"Ha! Who said it was because of you? I can't wait because of my lehenga and the amazing view." I smile as leave him standing there in shock. 

Everyone checks into their hotel room and relaxes after the long journey. 

Today's program is the mehendi in the morning and sangeet at night. 

I think back to about a year ago when I met Dev, never did I think I would fall in love with him or even be getting married to him. Wow, the past year has just been an absolute dream! 

I get ready for my mehndi function in a beautiful lime lehenga set and head downstairs. 

The decorations, layout, and food look absolutely amazing

"Bhabhi, you look amazing!" Vyom comes up to me. 

"Thanks, Bhai. You look great as well." I smile at him. 

"Mind if we take a walk?" He asks, offering his hand.

I take his hand and we stroll along enjoying the view. 

"Bhabhi..." Vyom begins. 

I look up at him and I see a whole different expression on his face. Gone is the childish and joking Vyom and in place is an emotional and vulnerable one. 

"'Bolo na." I assure him. (Speak up.)

"Bhabhi, I just want to say how lucky Dev is to have you. You see my friend has been alone for the past 10 years of his life. He may seem like he's been enjoying it, but on the inside, he wasn't. Ever since you have come into his life, he seems like a whole changed person." Vyom says. 

"Aww, I am very glad Dev is with me too!" I respond. 

"Trust me, when I met Dev he was barely getting small roles and ate one meal a day. I've seen him struggle and overcome all his hardships. We became each other's family and now I am glad that you're being added to this group," He give me a classic smile. 

"Dev is so lucky to have an amazing friend like you. You should get married soon so that I can have a bestie to gossip with too." I smirk at him. 

He lets out a big laugh as we get back to the venue.