Chapter 56

Rui Kamishiro

After everyone left to go home or just heading back into the castle, I wanted to talk with Tsukasa. I really just felt like.. he didn't love me. Like everything was fake.

"Tsukasa, can you follow me?" I asked. "I just.. want to talk to you."

"Sure," Tsukasa responded, as I took his paw and led us outside under a beautiful tree.

"Tsukasa.. do you really love me?" 

"I love you with all my heart Rui. Why would I marry you if I didn't love you?"

Hearing Tsukasa say he loved me, it just warms my heart, his love and attention.. But it was something that told me he hated me.

"Do you ever.. hate me?" I asked nervously.

"I don't hate you Rui. Like I said, I love you."

"A-Are you sure?"

"Rui, why do you think we held this marriage in the first place? We read our vows, we loved each other, why wouldn't I love you? You're perfect just the way you are, which makes you special to me. You always make me feel loved and happy."

I could feel tears streaming down my face. Everything he said..

"Do you really.. mean it?"

"Of course  I do!"  Tsukasa said.

I walked towards Tsukasa and wrapped my arms around him. I watched as his face heated up for like the 8th time today. It was very adorable to just see his little face start heating up.

"I love you so much Tsukasa... You're the most kind-hearted person I've ever met."

He looked up at me and gave me a peck on the lips. His lips felt soft.

"I love you too Rui."

We looked up at the blue night sky, all the beautiful stars.. I couldn't imagine a better night.

"Rui?"

"Hm?"

"Which star looks the most beautiful?" Tsukasa asked.

"You."

"Hey.. be quiet..!" Tsukasa looked away, trying to cover up his flustered expression.

"There's no need to look away, Tsukasa."

"S-Shut up!" Tsukasa mumbled in embarrassment.

"You look so cute when you're flustered."

"I told you to shut up..!" Tsukasa said, playfully pinching me on my cheek. It was funny and I like whenever he does that.

"How mean.. Pinching your husband like that." I teased.

After I said that, I could feel a soft pair of lips on my cheek.