Chapter 6

Toya Aoyagi

"There is no fucking way King Tsukasa is gay and planning a marriage," I said, after Kanade let go of me.

"Oh you haven't heard, have you? He's too busy to solve anymore issues, since he's planning his marriage he's too busy to deal with some shitty problems."

"Who is he marrying anyways?"

"That's a secret I cannot tell you."

What? She can't even tell me who King Tsukasa is marrying? That is ridiculous.

"Tell me who it is, now," I demanded.

"You're not very scary, you know?"

"Just tell me! Please!"

"It's none of your business. Now, I don't want to deal with this any longer. I recommend you leave this place as soon as possible."

"Not without Akito."

I could see Mafuyu rolling her eyes. Of course, I hate Akito for everything he said, but I can't leave him out like this. It hurts to see him completely confused. It is my job to protect him. I still feel... a deep connection with him. I don't know why.

I stayed silent, thinking of Akito. He's probably pissed off at me and wants me dead. I can't blame him though. Throughout my whole entire life, people only got close to me to use me for cheese and to set them up with their soulmates. No one has ever loved me, and now, the person I love the most hates me.

"Hey, you okay? You're looking pretty down just now,"  Kanade asked.

I looked at Kanade. She looks like that type of rat who would become a therapist in the future.

"Yea I'm fine," I responded.

"You love Akito, don't you?"  Kanade asked.

How the fuck does she know? Is it really that easy to tell?..

"Uhh, yea, I love him, and I care about him," I said.

"He probably loves you back, have you ever thought about that?"

Pfft, Akito? Loving me back? Kanade must be dreaming or something. There's no way Akito likes me back, right?..

"He's homophobic...."

"Oh, well. Do you want to at least maybe, apologize to him?"

"I don't know if he wants to talk to me. He probably wants me gone."

"He probably wants you to help him again. You know what he's gone through, and he wants everything to be normal again." Kanade said.

She isn't wrong.

"Maybe you should go apologize to him again,"

"I know I messed up... but if I apologize, then I have to lead him to the king where he can become normal again. I don't want that. If he becomes normal, then he'll be eaten. I love him too much to let him go."