Chapter 32

Honami Mochizuki

I felt a little better after apologizing to the king and the others, but Saki.. how could she be so rude? After everything.. I thought we were friends. What happened to her? I could feel tears coming, but I tried to hold them back.

"I accept your apology," Toya and Akito said.

Their words made me feel better, knowing most of the people in the castle forgive me. I'm still upset about not being able to bake anymore apple pie, but at least I'm not being thrown into the dungeons. I love cooking here, and cooking for the royal family is a huge pleasure.

"Hey, Honami," Meiko said.

"Huh?"

"Do you mind stopping by my office later after dinner?" Meiko asked.

"Sure," I said.

I walked back to the kitchen, while the others started dinner. I guess I should be grateful to still be able to work here.
—-----------------------------------------

After cleaning up dinner, Saki came up to me, barging into the kitchen.

"Listen up, Honami," she said.

I turned to look at her. She looked mad pissed at me, though I didn't do anything?

"Don't you dare tell anyone about my lies, you got that?"

"Y-Yes ma'am," I said nervously. Why the fuck is she this scary?

"Good, and you better not tell anyone. Or else," she replied, walking away.

I started feeling this bubble of anger inside of me..

"And what are you gonna do? Hm?" I asked.

She stopped walking away, and turned to me.

"I am not afraid of throwing you into the dungeon. Your lucky Tsukasa didn't throw you there, otherwise It'd be fucking hell to you."

I looked at her. I.. I can't. Why would she say this? How could she?

"Why don't you tell me what fucking happened?! We used to be friends, and look at you now! You're.. a devil. A fucking devil!" I screamed. Tears started falling from my face.

"You want to know why? Because Tsukasa cares about everyone else more than me! I want to be loved too!" she screamed. "You've gotten your dream job, meeting the people you adore, being given the chance to work at this castle, everything you've ever wanted. Because of ME!" she cried.

"Yea, maybe I've gotten everything I've ever wanted, and I've been happier ever since! You never had to blame all your troubles on me! I could've returned the favor and helped you, but you've just become a devilish spoiled brat! I screamed back.

I took back my words, seeing Saki look at me, tears falling from her face.

"Saki.."

She started running out the kitchen, running to her room.

"S-Saki..!"