Chapter 22

Tsukasa Tenma

I decided to work a lot more today, since I still needed to finish working on some stuff. But I heard a lot of sounds outside my office. I walked out my throne room and saw my medical team escorting a blue looking rat into the medical room. Hold on, blue rat? Toya?! What happened to him? I started rushing to Akito, where I could see him crying while one of the nurses, Airi, was talking with him.

"What happened to Toya?" I asked.

"I'm not e-exactly sure, but T-Toya started bleeding and he p-passed out," Akito stuttered.

That's weird. I know they weren't starving since they just ate, so what the hell could it be?

"Did he act weird before eating?" I asked.

"No, it was after!" Akito cried.

I looked at Saki's room. Her door looks.. opened. Did she plan something? I wonder..

"I might figure out the issue," I said.

I looked back at Akito. Honestly, this poor orange rat could use some therapy from some of my best advisors. He must really love Toya, a lot.

"W-what is it...?" Akito stuttered.

"You might get mad, but..."

"But?"
"He may have gotten poisoned," I said.

Akito stared at me. I saw more tears come out of his eyes. Poor thing, I should probably get him to a rat therapist.

"Our nurses will be able to care for Toya, he'll be just fine," Airi said, and walked to the medical room to care for Toya.

"Akito, follow me. I can probably get someone to help you cool down," I said, and led the way.
—-----------------------------------------

I led him to our rat therapist, Meiko. She's probably one of the best therapists in the kingdom.

"King Tsukasa! Welcome, come in come in!" she greeted me. I led Akito inside.

"Oh, what's your name, orange rat?" she asked.

"A-Akito S-Shinonome," he answered.

"One of his loved ones was rushed to our royal medical rooms, do you think you can care for him until he cools down?" I asked.

"Of course! It's my job after all. Come here Akito, I have plenty of things prepared for you to do while you wait for your loved one," she exclaimed, and let Akito in another room.

Sigh, this is super strange how Toya got injured like this. I decided I might as well go into Saki's room. I started walking towards her room. I peeked in, and saw Saki there.

"Brother! I'm about to go eat, I'll see you there!" she said happily, and walked out to the dining room.

Something is wrong, but I don't know. I.. I think shes hiding something from me. Something sort of "thing" that's forbidden in this castle.