Chapter 27

Akito Shinonome

The next morning, I woke up. It was sad that Toya wasn't with me here. I could barely sleep last night without him. I hope nothing bad happened to him last night..

I got up and stretched. But before I could even finish, I heard knocking on my door.

"Akito? It's me, Nene. May I come inside?"

"Sure."

As Nene walked in, she started talking again.

"Meiko wants you in her office in about 30 minutes."

I looked at clock next to me. 10:00am?! I looked back at Nene.

"Thanks for the reminder," I said.

"O-Of course," she said nervously, and closed the door.

I quickly got ready and left my room, heading towards Meiko's office. I saw Meiko waiting there for me. I walked in and sat down.

"You're right on time," she said.

I glanced at the clock behind Meiko. 10:30am, I really am just right on time.

"When is it the best time to talk with Saki?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"Since I'm gonna be pretty busy this afternoon organizing some things for Tsukasa, I'll probably have to see her at 5:00pm," Meiko replied.

"Okay, thanks."

"Shiho!" Meiko called out.

I saw Shiho come into the office.

"Yes, Meiko?"

"Could you please go inform the princess she has a scheduled appointment with me at 5:00pm?" Meiko asked.

"Of course Meiko," Shiho replied, and left the office, heading to Saki's room.

"Thanks, Shiho," Meiko said. "Shiho is one of our trustworthy maids. Tell her a secret and she won't tell anyone else," Meiko chuckled.
—-----------------------------------------

I stopped by the Dining room for lunch. I planned on visiting Toya after lunch. However, I wanted to have a word with Honami. Once I sat down, I started eating lunch. Things weren't the same without Toya by my side.
—-----------------------------------------
I started to knock on the door to the kitchen.

"Knock knock."

"Oh, hello! You must be Akito shinonome," Honami said, allowing me inside the kitchen.

"Honami, may we have a small talk about something important?"