Chapter 55

Tsukasa Tenma

I could easily notice Rui looking disappointed because of the fact I ordered him to finish eating his vegetables. I mean, at some point, you gotta eat your vegetables.
—-----------------------------------------

Shortly after everyone finished eating, I noticed Shiho and Nene rolling a cart with a huge wedding cake. Did Honami really make that? She must really love cooking.

"Rui-kun, Tsukasa-kun! It's time to show everyone the wedding cake Honami made!" Emu said.

While me and Rui walked up towards Emu, I noticed Rui held paws with me. His paws felt.. warm.

"Here, use this to cut the cake," Shiho said, handing me a knife.

Shiho is honestly the type of person who would kill someone if they disrespected her.

"Thanks," I said, taking the knife.

Even though I've cut cake before, I was nervous I would do something wrong. Suddenly, I could feel Rui holding paws with me, as he helped cut the cake. I could feel my face heating up. Rui really is the perfect rat for me.
—-----------------------------------------

After everyone finished eating the cake, I couldn't help but turn to look at Akito and Toya, who kept talking with each other, probably flirting or something. Also noticing it was turning dark, which meant everyone would have to go soon. It was really a great day, a day that I would never forget.

As I was zoning out, I felt a soft paw on me. It was Rui's.

"Tsukasa, would you like to dance with me, my love?" Rui asked.

I smiled at him and put my paw on his.

"Of course."

He gently grabbed my paw and took me to the dance floor. I leaned close to him as he started to dance and hold me. I loved seeing his handsome face. His kind smile made me forget about all of the bad events and memories that have happened in my life. All that I could focus on was him. My lovely husband.

Rui leaned in close to my ear and whispered, "I love you, Tsukasa."

I pinched his cheeks and smiled.

"I love you more, Rui."

We both stared at each other for a moment, then leaned close to the point where our lips touched.

Everyone who was watching us suddenly started cheering for some reason. Saki and Ichika were hugging each other and wiping their tears away.

"My brother is growing up so fast!" Saki cried.

Wait, Isn't that the thing the older siblings are supposed to say? That's weird.

"Mine is too!" Ichika sobbed with Saki.

"We aren't even related," Rui said.

"Oh shut up Rui," Ichika growled, and continued sobbing and hugging Saki.

I can't imagine Rui and Ichika being siblings, it'd be very chaotic.