Chapter 29

Akito Shinonome

Talking with Honami, I was only able to clarify that she wasn't the one who poisoned the food. I knew it had to get back to Saki, but I hurriedly ran to see Toya.
—-----------------------------------------

I walked inside Toya's room. I saw nurse Minori there again.

"Hello Minori! Mind if I visit Toya again?"  I asked.

"Sure! I've just tested Toya, the results for the test should come out soon. It'll inform me if Toya is healthy enough to go back with you," she said happily.

I hope Toya feels better. I miss him a lot. I sat next to Toya. His face lit up instantly. Aww, he looks so adorable when he gets excited and happy!

"Toya!"

I couldn't contain myself and just hugged him. I gave him a couple pecks on his cheek. He turned bright red.

"Your face is red again!" I laughed.

"Shut up!" Toya smiled warmly.

I haven't seen Toya smile in a long time. Usually he's the one who makes me smile, but this is definitely the first time seeing him smile like this in a long time.

"Good news!" Another warm voice said. Another nurse rat with light blue hair emerged from the room. Geez, how many nurse rats are there?

"Toya will be discharged from this room and he'll be able to go back to the guest room. Just have to take it slow for the next couple of days," she said. "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Shizuku Hinomori!" she said softly.

Hinomori?

"Are you related to Shiho Hinomori, the gray furred maid?" I asked.

"Oh yes! Shii-Chan is my youngest sister! She works here with me," she said happily.

She must really care for her sister. She sounds like the most caring sister I never had.

"Akito," Toya said.

I looked at him.

"I heard you talked with Saki last night, after you left the room."

"Oh.. yea."

"What were you talking to Saki about?" he asked.

"Oh.. nothing much," I responded. I didn't want to tell him about the fight with Saki.

"Akito, don't lie to me."

"..."

"I just wanted to.. talk with her."

"You were arguing with her about me, weren't you?"

How.. did he figure that out? Did I yell at Saki that loud for him to overhear the argument?