twenty-seven

i haven't updated bc i was on vacation for memorial day and i didn't have access to wifi !!

isabella's pov

i slammed the door shut to nate's car and buckled my seatbelt. he started the car and we soon were driven out of the mall parking lot.

"listen, isa, i'm sorry about what happened today. it was a huge misundersta-" nate started.

"save it! i've had enough of you today. you're just my ride home, ok?" i said, annoyed.

he let out a sigh and shook his head, but looked back to the road. we stayed silent for the rest of the car ride.

-

i saw the front of my house come into view from the window, and i almost screamed with joy. i was desperate to get out of this awkward and tense car ride, and to get away from nate.

he looked over at me and then back at my house.

"okay, well, uh, bye, i guess. i'll talk to you soon, babe."

i was already half way out of his car, when i turned around and replied.

"don't call me that," i said, quietly, "and yeah."

i slammed the door shut and ran up the steps into my house. i ran into my room and closed the door, taking my phone out of my pocket.

i dialed melissa's number and waited for her to answer, tapping my foot against the carpet.