eight

isabella's pov

after that semi-awkward encounter with nate, i heard my name being called from the back room.

i looked up and saw melissa gesturing for me to approach her. i walked over there quickly, to try and get away from him and prevent any more conversation.

"hey." i said.

she sat down on one of the wood palettes and patted next to her, which i took as a sign to sit. i was a little curious as to why we were sitting, and why i wasn't being shown the new dyes.

"heyyyy!" she sang, smiling.

"uh, what's got you so happy?" i asked.

"you and nate!!" she squealed, as i shook my head.

"what?"

"you guys were talking, isa, don't deny that you liked it!"

"well, i do like him, i mean, i just met him, but he's great. and yeah, we just made some small talk, chill." i laughed.

melissa rolled her eyes at me humbling myself, but continued smiling.

"ok, anyway! where are the dyes?" i asked, changing the topic quickly.

"so, i wanna tell you something, but you have to promise not to get mad at me..." she started.

i could tell that it wasn't that serious, because she was still beaming. i bet she's going to tell me that the dyes got shipped a day later and i had to come in again tomorrow, which i was not down for. seeing nate another day in a row, and having to make awkward small talk while i tried to not to admit my crush for him? no thank you.

"what is it," i groaned.

"the only reason why i asked you to come was for you to talk to nate, and see him again, because i can tell that you have a thing for him." she said, trying to make it sound fast.

my eyes widened as i shook my head playfully.

"you're so dumb!" i laughed, giving her a hug.

she nodded her head as we continued joking, but tried to keep quiet so he wouldn't hear.

i'm actually kind of excited for my matt book bc i feel like i want to approach a larger audience of readers, those who aren't that into the omaha boys as much as they are nash, shawn, cameron, matt, etc soooo yeah :)

and also the plot of the book is really rad tbh