"Where's Rell?" She asked feeling drained because of the medication they gave her.

"They left cause yo parents coming, how you feeling sis?" Rito sat down in the chair beside her.

"I'm scared Riley...what if the person shot me in the head and I died then and there. And also what if they come back" she sobbed into her hands.

"You gon be aight lil mama, we'll handle it so don't worry about allat"

Rito didn't want to tell Nyela who it was and that it was Kadrell's fault that she got shot because she'd either try do something stupid like go after Duke herself or hide away from Rell. They needed her to be close to them so they could protect her and if she feared Rell then that wouldn't be successful.

Nyela's quite unpredictable because she doesn't speak when she's angry or mad. She just does actions, hell she could even want to kill Rell for being the reason she got shot. He doesn't know the outcome so he'll keep her in the dark.

She squinted at him suspiciously "Handle it how?"

He gave her a knowing look and she rolled her eyes up to the ceiling.

"Is you forgetting my pops is a criminal lawyer? He'll find out whoever it is and put him behind bars, y'all don't need to interfere"

Rito shrugged, he knew that Mr.Brown was an excellent lawyer so if he found Duke he would be behind bars for a while. But putting him behind bars wouldn't stop the back and forth conflict because he'd find someone else to kill Kadrell, Duke is hungry for his lick back and will do anything to avenge his younger brother.

They were on a time limit and needed to get Duke before the police does.

A few minutes later Destiny and John bursted into the room.

"Yela? Oh my are you okay!?" she hugged her daughter tightly and Ny winced causing her to let go and apologise. "My baby girl got shot, thank you Riley for looking after her till we got here"

No shit.

"No problem ma" Rito stood up then dapped up John.

"I'll make a few calls and make sure that fucker doesn't get away with this but first Ny, tell us what happened"

"Imma go sis" Riley pecked her forehead. "I'll call to check up on you later aight?"

She nodded and he said goodbye to her parents and exited the room.

Nyela briefly gave them a run down of what happened but left out the fact she was otp to Rell. This was because her parents are most likely to blame him even though Nyela thinks he had nothing to do with it and it was a random failed hit and run.

"I got many connects in the police force so we'll make sure to get justice. Just relax and let me handle everything" John assured his daughter before stepping out the room to make a few calls.

Destiny looked at her daughter with sorrow and sympathy, she didn't like to see her children suffer because they didn't deserve it. "How long do you have to be in that sling for?"

"They gave me stitches and I can't move my arm around much or i'll re-open em. The nurse told me a week." Nyela frowned at her arm.

India and Calinae entered the room and their faces lit up seeing Nyela up and awake. They both ushered over to her and hugged her being careful of her arm.

"Y'all acted like I died or sum" Ny joked.

Her mom popped her leg, "Don't joke about that!"

"Are you leaving the hospital today?" India asked as she pulled away from the hug while Cali hugged Destiny.

"I'm getting discharged tomorrow because they want to make sure the wound doesn't get infected"

"Imma go find yo father" Destiny told her daughter as she stood up to leave the room. Nyela responded with a simple nod.

As soon as her mother left the room she spilled to the girls every detail of the situation.

"Look at you calling Rell instead of us when you in trouble" Cali playfully rolled her eyes.

"Y'all carry guns?" Ny eyed both of them. "Okay then. Unless y'all power rangers or sum shit, yo asses would've got popped too"

"You think...it could be Xavier?"

Nyela raised her brows in surprise, it was a possibility because she did bump into him at the mall and they didn't end on good terms either. But if he didn't retaliate back then, it wouldn't make sense to retaliate now. Plus he deserved his car windows being smashed, that happened over a year ago.

She shook her head. "Nah. It wouldn't make sense. There's many bitches that don't like me out there one, because I used to beat their asses in school when they tried me. And two, Rell's hoes prolly mad seeing me always on his ig story. The person shot at my arm, they either have bad aim or was trying to get a point across"

Calinae sighed, "I know for a fact my boyfriend won't tell me shit. They're always silent about their street antics but what can we expect, their gangstas"

"Damn if Mr.Brown knew Ny was messing with a hood nigga he'd flip out. Good luck introducing Rell to your family" India patted her back.

"Not happening any time soon" Ny heavily side eyed her friend.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thoughts?

Kai

Rito

Duke