Chapter 14

"Rell?" Ny whimpered. "I- OW. I-m shot" she cried heavily as she harshly braked her car.

"I'm here!" Rell assured her then hung up and got out his car and ran over to her to see she was shot in her arm. A by stander was on the phone to 911 as Rell called up his homeboys to try find out who just shot Ny.

"It hurts so much" she cried.

"I know baby" he caressed her face. "We gon find out who it was and you'll be okay, they only grazed your arm." He took off his shirt and wrapped it around the wound and applied pressure to stop the bleeding as she screamed out in pain.

The ambulance arrived and took Ny to the hospital as Rell got in his car and followed behind. Police pulled up to block off the road as they assessed Nyela's car.

𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕📍

Rell texted on their group chat that Nyela's okay but he let them know what happened without saying too much because the girls were on it.

Kai and Rito arrived. "Where she at?" Rito asked seeing the worried look on his homeboy's face.

"Still in surgery" he muttered as he sat there with a heavy mug on his face. "Y'all find out who it was?"

"Duke. That opp nigga never stops I can't wait to put a bullet in his brain" Kai huffed. "But what doesn't make sense is, he could've killed her easily...why didn't he?"

"Duke? He's the brother of the nigga I killed the other day for not paying up his money. He ain't kill her cause it was a warning shot, he's tryna hurt me by hurting Ny" Rell analysed. "He wants revenge for his brother"

Rito held his chin between his fingers in deep thought then sat down next to Rell. "One of us gon end up dying and it's finna be him. Ny gon be straight, we gon protect her"

Jakai looked at him crazy, "Who is we nigga? Cause i'm not involved she's always rude to me"

Both of them looked at Kai with a stupid expression. "Nigga you the one moving like you'on like her, what do you expect?"

He shrugged. "I tolerate her for Rell's sake but I can't stand the shawty"

"Nigga your like that with every bitch I bring around, I think you allergic to bitches"

"Pause" Kai said holding his hand out.

Jakai doesn't like anyone so it was a surprise that he tolerated Nyela.

"Family of Nyela Brown?" A nurse called out amd Rell jolted up and waved her over. "And who are you to Miss.Brown?"

Rell smirked, "Her daddy"

The nurse looked at him weirdly before Rito smacked his lips and went over to them. "We're her friends, is she okay?"

"Not mines" Kai commented as he leaned against the wall on his phone.

"She suffered a bullet to her left humerus—English please" Rell cut her off.

The nurse stared at him before taking a deep breath, "I don't get paid enough for this. She got shot in her upper arm and we've stitched it up, she's resting and her parents have been informed." The nurse disclosed before walking away.

"Y'all need to go before her parents get here, they're strict as hell and she gon get in trouble if y'all here" Rito told them.

"And why can you stay?"

"Because they've known me since high school nigga. I'll call y'all" Rito dapped up his homeboys then walked into the room where Nyela was admitted to. "Damn...you look like you just got shot" he joked and she held up her middle finger making him chuckle.