✬ 𝙴𝙿 37 ✬

TW: abandonment, bullying, and animal abuse.

Note: If you see this three-line phrase (- - -), it means flashback.

Happy reading!!

════ ⋆★⋆ ════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════ ⋆★⋆ ════

- - -

She was abandoned because she was different than her mother. She wasn't a purebred but a mixed breed, and everyone hated it that way. But she doesn't mind if people call her a mutt; all she cares about is that when she grows up, she will be as big and as pretty as her momma.

As she grew up, people disclosed that she is indeed a crossbreed type of dog. But she doesn't care. She's with her mom and owner. Life was great.

'I like my owner the most in the world!' If she could speak, she would scream this phrase over and over at people who insulted her whenever her owner was around. She doesn't need to look at her that way, as she will repeat the word, "I like you, owner; you're the best! Don't listen to them."

"Stay."

Her owner's favorite command to her—she knew this, and she will wait there until her owner comes back.

One day the house was completely empty, and these boxes were being put in this big machine. "It's all loaded," As the family had packed all their belongings, the only thing left was to move and begin a new life. While the other went first, the daughter was looking at her dog, which she will soon abandon.

"Stay." Her owner commanded again. Of course she would stay. She watched the car go further and further away from her, seeing her mom calling out for her. She can't hear it. But one thing she knew was that she should wait, as she knew her owner would come back again. She always does.

'Don't worry, Momma! I'm good at staying!' Why is mom acting like that today? Hehe.' Maybe it was a game. She likes games.

She knew that, after much waiting, her owner would be back with treats again. Those yummy treats She can't wait to taste it. But when will her owner go back to her? The sky keeps getting darker. Her owner can't be late, right?

'Please come quickly'

Her sleep was disturbed by an unfamiliar smell. 'A thief!' she started barking at this thief. She feared that the people who were coming after their house would steal it. She can't let them do it. She needs to guard it. Her owner won't scold her for not staying still because she's guarding their house.

- - -

'So cold. It is dark again. When will she come back? I miss her! I miss her hug..' She was about to rest for tonight, but her nose caught another unfamiliar scent. who?' Another thief? She needs to guard even if she's cold and hungry. She would do anything to keep it safe.

"You must miss her so much, right? I'm sorry that you've been through all this just because you're different. You might think I'm a thief, but I'll try to change that. You're really strong. Enu."

How did this human know her name? Is this her owner's friend? Did she come to take her back? Maybe her owner was too busy to do so, but she doesn't remember her owner having this girl as a friend. Her smell was very different. Not a thief, she said, but 'A kidnapper?'