Talk

Pete's POV:

We returned back home and Ae carried me to the apartment while can parked the car in parking lot. Ae made his way to the bedroom and gently placed me on the bed. "Just wait here, I'll get the change clothes." He said while disappearing into the walk in closet to appear soon after carrying the clothes. He helped me change into comfortable clothes so that I will feel a little better. He was about to walk out of the room when I held his hand stopping him from leaving. "I want to talk to Tin." I said. "I'll let him know about it when he returns. Okay? You take rest and I will get you a glass of juice." He replied.

I nodded while moving to lean against the headrest as I watched him walk out of the room. It had been only a few minutes when he returned back with a glass of juice. "Tin will be here soon and I have already informed Can that you wanna talk to Tin." He spoke. I nodded while taking the glass from him and sipping the juice.

Just when I had finished drinking the juice, Tin appeared at the door. "Hey... How are you feeling??" he asked while stepping into the room. "Fine khrab..." I replied. Ae took the glass from me while moving to get up and walk out. "I'll prepare the lunch." He said while he made his way out of the room leaving us two alone. Tin moved closer and sat down on bed while looking at me. "Can said you wanted to talk." He initiated.

"Yes... I want to know something." I replied. "I guess I know..." he said while closing his eyes in defeat. "Go ahead." I spoke while leaning against the headrest and waiting for him to speak.

"When your marriage was fixed, I was concerned because you were not your usual self anymore who loved to go out and try new things. You became withdrawn and quiet. I wanted to talk to your father and request him to postpone the wedding but knowing the fact that it would cause you more trouble, I just held back. I thought may be approaching Kiat would be better. I would explain to him the whole situation and ask him to cancel the wedding. I went to his office but couldn't meet him so I went to his house. He denied meeting me so I barged into his house only to find him making out with a girl. I asked him why he was doing it when he was already set to marry you and he just said that he is marrying for the property and your happiness means nothing to him. I told him that if he was not happy with the match than he should call it off. But he just ignored me and asked the guards to take me away."

"I knew right away that this person will only torture you after the marriage so I desperately tried to figure out a way to get you out of the mess. And that is when I heard your mother in law talk about sending an invitation card to Ae and I came up with the plan. I paid one of the person working in courier agency for getting me the parcel. I then opened it and inserted your pictures and letter inside before sending it to Ae."

"I clearly told him about who I was and why I was sending the letter. Also mentioned my contact number to him in case he wanted to verify about it. He contacted me right away asking me for an explanation. I told him everything and also informed him about how I tried to stop things from happening. I knew that I was getting myself into the mess and if this backfired, I would be doomed but at that moment, what mattered to me was your happiness. I didn't think twice before telling Ae about how I tried to approach his brother and how I found him with other girl. Also telling him about your life and all the trouble you had been through. I just asked him to help me cancel the wedding but he had some other plans."

"He told me that it was really difficult to cancel the wedding at this point when the invitations were already sent. And since the family had some reputation, it would have looked really bad and would have harmed the status so he said that he will find the way out. He asked me to wait for some time till he called me back. I was all restless waiting for him and he called me back after a day. He told me that he had sent a spy to check on his brother and collect the information and it turned out that everything I had been telling him was true. He then agreed to help me out."