Guilty

Pete's POV:

I returned back to bedroom defeated and sat down on the bed hoping that Ae would finish his work and will return back soon. May be he is too busy with something which is urgent. I waited and waited till the point when sleep took over and I went into deep slumber.

The next morning when I woke up, I saw that the place beside me was empty and it seemed like Ae didn't return back to the bedroom. I slowly sat up and leaned against the headboard while thinking about everything. How beautiful was my married life... I had a loving husband who wouldn't stay away from me for a minute. I had all his attention and I was the only person who was important to me. He never missed the chance to make me feel special no matter what. He always understood me and even made changes in order to make me feel better and all that I did to him was accusing him for his betrayal. Said that he was disloyal and cheating on me. And even went to an extent that I bluntly said that he needed me for only sex, blamed him for the death of our baby, even thought that he was happy doing so. Never ever did I think about how he was feeling and also how he was dealing with the situation... If I was already being insane for what happened, how would he would have been feeling? What right do I have to say the stuff that I said to him?

All he did was to save me. Save me from everything bad that would have happened with me. Manipulated his brother, took the place of groom, convinced his parents, convinced my father, married me, gave me everything that I wanted, loved me and cared for me. And what did I gave him in return? All headache, things that shouldn't have been said, blamed him for our fate. And even after that, he listened to all my accusations calmly and didn't even fight back. He understood me and tried to make me happy.

I was stupid that I didn't value what I had. Now that I am yearning for him, he seems to be far away. Even though we live in same apartment, eat together and sleep together, there is no more that feeling which was there earlier. It seems like he has been distancing himself and with passage of days, this distance is increasing more and more.

I didn't realize that tears were streaming down my cheeks. It's too late to make anything right. It's too late to say that I was wrong. I have been selfish, never ever considered about how he felt. What will happen now? Will he file for a divorce? Will he decide of taking a break? Was he planning of asking for some space? What if I come home and he says that he is sending me back to my parents place? What am I gonna do?

Somehow, I managed to wipe off the tears and walked into the bathroom to get fresh. He might be leaving early so I better prepare breakfast for him and also his lunch box.

After getting fresh, when I headed downstairs to cook, I heard the sound coming from kitchen and hurried to check on what was happening. When I reached the door, I saw Ae was busy cleaning the vessels and the aroma of food was floating around. Did he cook already?

He turned around to face me and then gave me a warm smile. "I have to leave early so I prepared the breakfast for you and me. and I have already kept your lunch ready. Tin will be coming to pick you up so be ready on time. I am going to get changed because I need to leave as soon as possible. I have an important meeting which I can't miss." He informed.

What? He is not going to drop me? "A-Ae, what about your lunch box?" I inquired. "I'll have my lunch outside. Don't worry about me." he replied while rushing out of the kitchen. I couldn't hold back anymore and the tears that I have been holding back finally found their way. What else is left to live for? What else is left to be destroyed by me? I am the one responsible for what is happening.

As I sat in kitchen crying, I heard Ae shout from the living room. "Pete, I am leaving... Please have breakfast and get ready. Tin will be coming soon." And then I heard the sound of the door being closed and there was no one in the apartment beside me.